ALL students to receive FREE school meals: Sign-up weekly for curbside pick-up
Curbside Pick-Up: Week of Nov. 30-Dec. 4
Our curbside meal pick-up program is transitioning to accommodate our current four-day in-person and full remote instructional programs. Beginning the week AFTER Thanksgiving, the program will offer the following for pick-up between 3:30-5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays:
- Full Remote students: 5-day meal pack
- ALL kindergarten students: 5-day meal pack
- Children 18 and under who are not enrolled in USCSD: 5-day meal pack
- In-person students in grades 1-12 who qualify for free/reduced meals: 3-day meal pack
Click here to place your order for the Week of Nov. 30-Dec. 4. Pick-up will be from 3:30-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1. Please mark your calendar.
In-person students continue to receive free meals in our cafeterias. As a reminder, students are charged for snacks and a la carte items.
Next week (Week of Nov. 23-27, Thanksgiving)
As a reminder, we will be distributing our regular 3-days of meals (in-person) and 5-days of meals (remote and pre-school) for those who signed-up. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, pick-up is set for 3:30-5:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
Thank you for remembering to wear a mask during pick-up. Please Note: If you or a member of your household are ill, under quarantine orders, or are in isolation, please do not come through our pick-up line. Instead, please reply to this email and we will make other arrangements to provide your family's meals.
We hope you and your family have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
Sept. 4, 2020 / Updated Nov. 19, 2020
ALL students to receive FREE school meals
Sign-Up weekly for curbside pick-up
Upper St. Clair School District will offer free breakfast and lunch to all students – regardless of ability to pay. Students can receive school meals each day whether they are learning in-person or at home.
Citing the unprecedented nature of the pandemic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture recently extended waivers nationwide that allow meals to be served to students in-person and/or via pick-up at no cost through the end of the 2020-21 school year.
The free meals for students apply to breakfast and lunch only. A meal will be cost-free if it meets national school lunch requirements. The nutrition center staff will coach students to build a meal that is compliant with these standards. Additional al a carte items as well as snacks or beverages will available for purchase.
The nutrition center is offering to-go meals for pick-up every Tuesday from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Drive-thru meal pick-ups will occur at the Upper St. Clair High School theater entrance. To-go meal packages are free; however, orders must be placed in advance.
To-go meal orders for curbside pick-up must be submitted by 9 a.m. on Monday of the preceding week (late orders cannot be accepted). This webpage will be updated weekly with the new online order form.
A few things to please keep in mind:
- Be sure to mark your calendar and/or post a reminder on your phone or fridge. The district receives federal reimbursement for qualifying meals that are distributed to Upper St. Clair families. Orders that are placed but not picked up create a financial burden for the district.
- Regardless of the number of children in your family, you only need to place one order per week. We have noticed that some are placing multiple orders.
- For planning purposes, based on other similar drive-thru events, it tends to be busiest at the very start of the pick-up window.
- To ensure the health and safety of our staff and volunteers, please be sure to wear a face-mask during pick-up.
- If you or a member of your household are ill, under quarantine orders, or are in isolation, please do not come through our pick-up line. Instead, please reply to this email and we will make other arrangements to provide your family's meals.
Students in grades 1-12 who are enrolled in hybrid/in-person learning are able to receive breakfast and lunch from the school’s nutrition center. In addition, in-person students who qualify for free/reduced priced meals can also receive a to-go meal package that includes three lunches and three breakfasts. The three-day meal packs will be offered weekly for curbside pick-up.
Full remote learners, half-day kindergarten students and preschool children are able to receive a to-go meal package via curbside pick-up that includes five lunches and five breakfasts.
Meals are intended for children, ages 18 and under, who reside in your household. While the to-go meals will offer a variety of nutritionally-balanced, kid-friendly foods; please note the meals will not follow the menus for our in-person school nutrition centers. Proper refrigeration/freezer storage and reheating instructions will be emailed to participating families. Many thanks to Schneider's Dairy for its gracious contribution of free use of its refrigerated truck to support this program!
While there is no cost to participate in the meal program, families are encouraged to apply for free/reduced price school meals. Eligible families may qualify for additional benefits and services.
For more information about school meals, please contact Ashley Lindhurst, food service director, at email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal circumstances, please contact Lauren Madia, assistant director of student support services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.