ALL students to receive FREE school meals: Sign-up weekly for curbside pick-up
Curbside Pick-Up: Week of March 8
We are now accepting to-go meal orders for curbside pick-up for the Week of March 8. Curbside meal pick-up will be available on the following days/times:
- Tuesday, March 9 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 10 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Orders must be submitted by 9 a.m. on Monday, March 1. (late orders cannot be accepted)
Click here to access the online order form. Students in grades 1-12 enrolled in our in-person learning model will each receive a three-day meal pack. Students enrolled in remote learning as well as all kindergarteners and non-USCSD students will receive five-day meal packs.
Thank you for remembering to wear your mask during pick-up. Please Note: If you or a member of your household are ill, under quarantine orders, or are in isolation, please email email@example.com and we will identify needed arrangements to provide your family's meals.
Pick-up for Week of March 1
Curbside meal pick-up will be available on the following days/times:
- Tuesday, March 2 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 3 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Orders were due by 9 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 22.
Our to-go meal package distribution efforts will continue until further notice. This is a great chance to see families, get fresh air and a little bit of physical activity, and be of service to our community. Since September, we have distributed over 180,000 meals to USC children!
Who can volunteer?
- Any staff/caregiver with current volunteer clearances
- Any high school student
- Any student under high school age who is volunteering with his/her parent
As always, volunteers must meet all daily screening requirements, wear a mask, use clean hands, and keep a safe distance from others.
- Tuesdays from 3-5 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 3-4:30 p.m.
Sept. 4, 2020 / Updated Nov. 29, 2020
ALL students to receive FREE school meals
Sign-Up weekly for curbside pick-up
Upper St. Clair School District will offer free breakfast and lunch to all students – regardless of ability to pay. Students can receive school meals each day whether they are learning in-person or at home.
Citing the unprecedented nature of the pandemic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture recently extended waivers nationwide that allow meals to be served to students in-person and/or via pick-up at no cost through the end of the 2020-21 school year.
The free meals for students apply to breakfast and lunch only. A meal will be cost-free if it meets national school lunch requirements. The nutrition center staff will coach students to build a meal that is compliant with these standards. Additional a la carte items as well as snacks or beverages will be available for purchase.
The nutrition center is offering to-go meals for pick-up every Tuesday from 3:30-5:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Drive-thru meal pick-ups will occur at the Upper St. Clair High School theater entrance. To-go meal packages are free; however, orders must be placed in advance.
To-go meal orders for curbside pick-up must be submitted by 9 a.m. on Monday of the preceding week (late orders cannot be accepted). This webpage will be updated weekly with the new online order form.
A few things to please keep in mind:
- Be sure to mark your calendar and/or post a reminder on your phone or fridge. The district receives federal reimbursement for qualifying meals that are distributed to Upper St. Clair families. Orders that are placed but not picked up create a financial burden for the district.
- Regardless of the number of children in your family, you only need to place one order per week. We have noticed that some are placing multiple orders.
- For planning purposes, based on other similar drive-thru events, it tends to be busiest at the very start of the pick-up window.
- To ensure the health and safety of our staff and volunteers, please be sure to wear a face-mask during pick-up.
- If you or a member of your household are ill, under quarantine orders, or are in isolation, please do not come through our pick-up line. Instead, please reply to this email and we will make other arrangements to provide your family's meals.
Students in grades 1-12 who are enrolled in hybrid/in-person learning are able to receive breakfast and lunch from the school’s nutrition center. In addition, in-person students can also receive a to-go meal package that includes three lunches and three breakfasts. The three-day meal packs will be offered weekly for curbside pick-up.
Full remote learners, half-day kindergarten students and preschool children are able to receive a to-go meal package via curbside pick-up that includes five lunches and five breakfasts.
Meals are intended for children, ages 18 and under, who reside in your household. While the to-go meals will offer a variety of nutritionally-balanced, kid-friendly foods; please note the meals will not follow the menus for our in-person school nutrition centers. Proper refrigeration/freezer storage and reheating instructions will be emailed to participating families. Many thanks to Schneider's Dairy for its gracious contribution of free use of its refrigerated truck to support this program!
While there is no cost to participate in the meal program, families are encouraged to apply for free/reduced price school meals. Eligible families may qualify for additional benefits and services.
For more information about school meals, please contact Ashley Lindhurst, food service director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal circumstances, please contact Lauren Madia, assistant director of student support services, at email@example.com.