Weekly Recap for Friday, Dec. 6, 2019
Busy weekend at USCHS – parking shuttles available
USCHS will host the USC Boys Basketball Tip-Off Tournament and performances of The Nutcracker this weekend. Parking shuttles will run from the USC township building (Fri. & Sat.) and Westminster Church (Sat. ONLY). Read more
THIS WEDNESDAY: Panel discussion on vaping
The Youth Steering Committee of Upper St. Clair is hosting a panel discussion, “Vaping...Addictive, Dangerous and Deadly,” at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11 at the Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park. The program is free and open to the public. Read more
Nine students recognized with November Deans’ Awards
Upper St. Clair High School administrators recognized nine outstanding students with November 2019 Deans’ Awards. The awardees and the teachers who nominated them were honored at a special breakfast on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019. Read more and view photos
Pianist earns national honors
An Upper St. Clair High School junior has been named an Honorable Mention awardee in the 2020 YoungArts Awards, sponsored by the National YoungArts Foundation. Christian Chiu, a pianist, was recognized in the Classical Music category. Read more
Photo Gallery: USC Winter Community Pep Rally
The Upper St. Clair School District hosted its Winter Community Pep Rally – celebrating the start of the winter sports season – on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2019, in the high school gymnasium. Participants included girls’ and boys’ basketball, wrestling, rifle, girls’ and boys’ swimming and diving, ice hockey, indoor track, crew, cheerleading, hip/hop and the marching band drumline. Read more and view photos
Students host successful blood drive
The Upper St. Clair High School chapter of the National Honor Society recently hosted a blood drive that netted donations from 100 individuals including 92 students, three teachers and five parents. The Nov. 26 event was conducted in cooperation with Vitalant, formerly Central Blood Bank. Read more and view photos
School Board elects leadership for 2020
Members of the Upper St. Clair School Board elected Barbara Bolas as president and Patrick Hewitt as vice-president during its annual reorganization meeting on Monday, Dec. 2, 2019. Both offices are one-year appointments. Read more
Video: Dec. 2 School Board Meeting
Upper St. Clair School Board meetings can be viewed online at uscsd.tv. Video of the Monday, Dec. 2 meeting was posted earlier this week. This was the school board’s reorganization meeting that included officer elections and swearing of newly re-elected board members. Click here to watch
Only three HolidaySHOP days left!!!!
SHOP@USC will host a special HolidaySHOP to stock up on gifts and cards for your Panther fans, friends and family. Visit SHOP@USC from 8 – 11 a.m. on Dec. 10, 13 and 17 in the Upper St. Clair High School theater lobby. Items for sale include: specially-designed greeting cards; holiday specialty items and Upper St. Clair spirit gear. Read more
Winter performances set for December and January
Celebrate the winter holidays all throughout December and January with the Upper St. Clair Performing Arts Department. Enjoy a wide variety of concerts and performances by students of all ages. All events are FREE and open to the public. Read more
- USC Rifle Gets First Win Of The Year!!
- Student-Athletes Set For Winter Season
- Girls Golf Honored At Township Board Of Commissioners Meeting
- USC Hockey Defeats Seneca Valley!
In case you missed it…
- WPIAL boys swimming preview: Upper St. Clair will need more than Josh Matheny to dethrone North Allegheny
- Broadcast: WPIAL Boys Basketball - Seneca Valley at Upper St. Clair
- USC School Board members take oath of office
- Upper St. Clair Junior Nationally Recognized For Music Skills
- 2019-20 basketball tipoff tournament schedule (USC Tournament)
- Chemistry key to Upper St. Clair's success
- 2019-20 WPIAL and City League high school boys basketball preview
- WPIAL Class 6A girls basketball preseason breakdown
- WPIAL Class 6A boys basketball preseason breakdown
- PIHL Player of the Week for week ending Dec. 1, 2019 (Honor Mentions: Devin Rohrich and Mitchell Geinzer, USC)
6: Progress Reports – second marking period
9: Boyce Orchestra Winter Concert, 7 p.m.
9: School Board meeting, 7 p.m., District Administration Building
10: HolidaySHOP hours, 8 -11 a.m., High School theater lobby
10: Eisenhower Holiday Mart
10: Fort Couch Band Concert, 7 p.m. High School theater
11-12: Baker Enchanted Shop
11: Youth Steering Committee program – Vaping...Addictive, Dangerous & Deadly, 7 p.m., CRC
11: Boyce Winter Band Concert, 7 p.m.
12: Eisenhower Holiday Mart
12: Fort Couch/Boyce Winter Chorus Concert, 7 p.m., High School theater
13: HolidaySHOP hours, 8 -11 a.m., High School theater lobby
17: HolidaySHOP hours, 8 -11 a.m., High School theater lobby
17: High School Choir Concert, 7 p.m.
18: Fort Couch Orchestra Concert, 7 p.m., High School theater
19: High School Winter Instrumental Concert, 7 p.m.
20: Elementary Winter Parties
23-27: NO SCHOOL – Winter Recess
30-31: NO SCHOOL – Winter Recess
1: NO SCHOOL – Winter Recess
6-17: Keystone Testing Window
8: Parent Teacher Council (PTC) meeting, 9:30 a.m., Streams
8: Fort Couch Spelling Bee, 3:30 p.m.
8: Elementary Combined Choral Concert, 7 p.m., High School theater
9: Baker PTA meeting, 10 a.m.
9: Baker Spelling Bee, 3 p.m.
10: Eisenhower Family Bingo Night, 6 p.m., High School
14: Streams PTO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
15: High School PTSO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
15: Combined Strings Concert, 7 p.m., High School theater
17: First Semester & Second Marking Period Ends
20: NO SCHOOL – Teacher Inservice
20: Baker Duck Donuts Spirit Night
Coming Up….Mark your Calendar:
July 20-24, 2020: Leadership Academy
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online for the following positions:
- ESL Teacher
- Elementary Resource Teacher - Reading Specialist
- Middle School Teacher Aide
- High School Spring Musical Technical Director
Substitute opportunities with flexibility: The school district is currently recruiting for several substitute positions including teachers, school nurses, teacher aides, nutrition center workers, custodians and bus drivers. These are great opportunities for those with school-age children as most follow the school calendar. Only work the days you’re available!!! Apply online!
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: Kids Helping Kids & Hygiene Products & Holiday Shoebox Drive – Sat., Dec. 7
- NEW: High School Robotics Team -- openings available
- NEW: Holidays at the C&RC: Dec. 7
- NEW: Mission to Mars: Dec. 11
- NEW: Community Blood Drive: Dec. 12
- Diaper Drive at USCHS: Dec. 2-20
- Light Up for Unity Night: Dec. 8
- Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra: FREE concert Dec. 8
- Afterschool at the Library: Dec. 9 and 16
- SiLLy SCienCE: Dec. 14
- Play K at the Library: thru Dec. 19
- Camp December: Dec. 23, 26, 27 and 30
- And more…
Tina Vojtko, Communications Specialist
Upper St. Clair School District