Weekly Recap for Friday, July 31, 2020
Congrats to our USCHS Class of 2020!!!!
Photo Gallery: Graduation 2020
Due to size limitations for in-person gatherings, members of the Upper St. Clair High School Class of 2020 received their diplomas, graduation programs and yearbooks during a drive-through event on Thursday, July 30, 2020. A virtual commencement ceremony is available online. View photos | Watch the virtual commencement ceremony
USCHS Track/Stadium Community Hours
Beginning Monday, July 27, 2020, the hours for community use of the high school track/stadium will be adjusted to accommodate the return of fall athletics and activities. New hours will be as follows:
- July 31: 6 – 7 a.m. and 5 – 8 p.m.
- August 3 – 14: 6 – 7 a.m. and 5 – 8 p.m. (M,W,F); 5 - 6:30 p.m. (T,Th)
- August 17-21: 6 – 7 a.m. and 11 – 3 p.m.
- August 26-28: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Physicals for students in grades K, 6, and 11
The Pennsylvania school code mandates medical examinations for students in grades K, 6 and 11 because these grades represent important periods of growth and development in a student’s life. The major objective of these examinations is to ensure that the student is in a general state of good health. Additional immunizations are also required for 7th and 12th grade. Read more | Access health forms online
Dental Exam for Students in grades K, 3, and 7
The Pennsylvania school code mandates dental examinations for students in grades K,3 and 7. This is to ensure that all students are being evaluated for oral and dental issues during these pivotal ages of growth. Read more | Download the Private Dental Exam Report form
Applying for Free/Reduced Price School Meals
Free/Reduced Priced Meals are available for eligible families. Family circumstances can change at any time; therefore, please know that applications can be completed anytime during the school year.
- Families can submit Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Applications online by logging in to www.schoolcafe.com. The application process is quick and easy. This process will require an adult to login using the Student ID of any student in your household. Applying online will speed up the determination process and benefits can be utilized sooner. Please remember to include all students in your household that attend USC schools on the same application. Click here to watch a video on how to apply online
- OR click here to download and print the application
Summer support for families in need
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges for many families including temporary and permanent job loss. Families who are experiencing financial distress can find support and assistance from our many community partners. Read more
- PIAA Fall Sports Update
- Jake Casey Commits To Play Baseball At Kent State University
- USC Crew Information
- USC Cheer Tryout Dates Announced for Aug. 5 and 7
- 2020 Boys and Girls Golf Tryout Information
- USC Football Boosters Present – 2020 Top Golf Tournament Fundraiser
In case you missed it…
- Upper St. Clair senior earns Positive Athlete honor
- PIAA gives guidance for return of sports this fall
- Triple play: Casey following baseball path to Kent State
- Former Pittsburgher provides ‘A Wider Frame’ for news about Jews and Israel (Eden Cohen, USCHS class of 2004)
- AMS club swimmers earn All-American status (Ethan Neal, Abby Rutkowski and Sophia Schlichting)
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online.
- Assistant Girls' JV Tennis Coach
- Nutrition Center General Worker (Fort Couch Middle School)
- Nutrition Center Supervisor (Baker Elementary)
- Nutrition Center General Worker (USCHS)
- Nutrition Center General Worker (Boyce Middle School)
Substitute opportunities with flexibility: The school district is currently recruiting for several substitute positions including teachers, school nurses, teacher aides, nutrition center workers, custodians and bus drivers. These are great opportunities for those with school-age children as most follow the school calendar. Only work the days you’re available!!! Apply online!
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: USC Varsity Hockey - Assistant Coach needed
- Student-led fundraiser – Art for Joy
- School Year 2020-21 Registration Deadline Approaching for the K-Plus and Before/After School Program
- Student-led fundraiser for SHIM & PGH Food Bank
- STEM and Buds ONLINE Summer Camp (gr. 6-8) - Aug. 10-14
- USC Youth Football Camp: Aug. 3-5
- Student-led fundraiser: Book Buddies – a test prep book sharing venture
- USC Rowing - Learn to Row Camp: Aug. 4-6
- GET HELP/GIVE HELP: Local outreach for those affected by COVID-19
- And more…
Tina Vojtko, Communications Specialist
Upper St. Clair School District