Weekly Recap for Friday, Oct. 23, 2020
USCSD Weekly Recap
TONIGHT – watch LIVE online
- Marching Band Celebration on USCSD.TV beginning at 7 p.m.
- Varsity Football on Triblive.com: USC at South Fayette, kick-off is at 7 p.m.
USC crowns Homecoming King & Queen
Congratulations to Upper St. Clair High School seniors Joe Phillips and Malorie Glancy who were crowned Homecoming King and Queen during halftime on Friday, Oct. 16, 2020. Read more and view photos
Video presentation – Covid-19: Coping During the Crisis
The Youth Steering Committee of Upper St. Clair recently hosting a virtual program for parents, “Covid-19: Coping During the Crisis.” Video of the presentation, which is just under an hour, is available on the district’s website. Special thanks to our presenters – Dr. Tracy Scanlon, clinical director for Outreach Teen & Family Services, and Leslie Smirniw, school counselor for Streams Elementary School. Read more and watch the presentation
Planned fall and winter travel
We understand with the approaching holidays that families may have plans for travel. In making your plans, please be mindful that we are adhering to the Pennsylvania Department of Health travel quarantine guidelines per the district’s Health & Safety Plan. The list of states requiring a 14-day quarantine upon return does change based on current conditions. If your destination is on this list during anytime of your trip, quarantining will be required. Students are permitted to access remote learning while traveling and while completing their quarantine period. If your child will be missing school, please be sure to submit the Excused Trip Form in advance.
Counseling Newsletter – November edition
The November edition of the Counseling Newsletter is now available online. This month’s newsletter features information regarding college and career planning, parenting resources and other helpful articles. Read the November newsletter
USCSD.TV – Watch USC athletics live online
Upper St. Clair Panther fans have the opportunity to watch high school athletics and events via live stream. Visit uscsd.tv to view home athletic events at the high school stadium, Boyce athletic field as well as the high school gymnasium. Links to live streams for away events will be posted when available. Read more
- Girls Volleyball Advances to The WPIAL Playoffs
- Girls Tennis Fall In WPIAL Championship
- Cross Country Competes At The Tri State Invite
- USC Football Game Information
- Girls Tennis To Play For WPIAL Championship
- Boys And Girls Soccer Both To Play Latrobe In WPIAL Playoffs
- Girls Soccer Gets Win Over Baldwin
- Field Hockey Defeats Fox Chapel And Enter WPIAL Playoffs
- Scott Jordan And Jack Urban Compete At PIAA State Golf Finals
- USC Volleyball Gets Win On Senior Night
- Boys Varsity Football Gets Win In Shootout
- AHN Winter And Spring Sports Physical Information
- Girls Youth Lacrosse Clinic – Nov. 8
Parent Teacher Council
Upcoming Unit Meetings:
- USCHS PTSO: Jan. 13
- Fort Couch PTSO: Nov. 17
- Boyce PTO: Nov. 11, 9:30 a.m.
- Baker PTA: Nov. 12, 10 a.m.
- Eisenhower PTO: Nov. 13, 9 a.m.
- Streams PTO: Nov. 17, 9:30 a.m.
A few PTC reminders:
- Stay Up to Date with all that's going on with PTC on our website
- Check out the USCHS PTSO Membership page to sign up! There are a couple options on how to register to become a member. Register and pay via PayPal online OR print the Membership Form and send it to the school or drop it off in the bin at the main entrance to the school.
In case you missed it…
- Upper St. Clair program helps families deal with crisis
- Broadcast: WPIAL Football - Upper St. Clair at South Fayette
- Trib HSSN football players to watch in Week 7 – USC’s Ethan Dahlem
- Trib HSSN don’t-miss high school football matchups for Week 7: Upper St. Clair (4-2, 3-1) vs. South Fayette (4-2, 3-1)
- Latrobe sweeps singles, beats Upper St. Clair for WPIAL girls team tennis title
- Little giants: Smallish players having big impacts on WPIAL football
- LaPort, Coclango earn POTW honors
- Changes don't alter enthusiasm for WPIAL cross country championships
- WPIAL releases 2020 soccer playoff pairings
- Upper St. Clair One Of PA's Best School Districts: Study
- Franklin Regional’s Tragesser finishes 2nd at PIAA golf championship (Central Catholic sophomore Rocco Salvitti and Upper St. Clair’s Scott Jordan tied for eighth after shooting a 2-over par 73.)
- WPIAL Clinched: Final boys soccer playoff spots decided (Class AAAA, USC)
- WPIAL Clinched: Girls soccer playoff field set (Class AAAA, USC)
- Trib HSSN Football Player of the Week for Week 6 – Ethan Dahlem
- Upper St. Clair visits South Fayette
- Hitting their stride, Peters rolls past Upper St. Clair, 6-1
- Ethan Dahlem leads Upper St. Clair to wild win
- Operation Football: Upper St. Clair beats Moon
Oct. 23: Marching Band Celebration, 7 p.m., watch it live at uscsd.tv
Oct. 26-30: Boyce Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 26: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
Oct. 27: Week 7 (Oct. 26-30) Meal Pick-Up, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Oct. 27: Fort Couch Picture Day – Hybrid A
Oct. 27: Boyce Picture Day – Hybrid A, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Oct. 28: Week 7 (Oct. 26-30) Meal Pick-Up, 7-8 a.m. AND 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Oct. 28: Fort Couch Picture Day – Remote, 1-3 p.m.
Oct. 28: Boyce Picture Day – Remote, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Oct. 28: High School PAC meeting, 9:30 a.m.
Oct. 29: Fort Couch Picture Day – Hybrid B, , 8:45-11:10 a.m.
Oct. 29: Boyce Picture Day – Hybrid B, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Oct. 31: Trick-or-Treat, 6-8 p.m.
2: First Marking Period Ends
2: Week 8 (Nov. 2-6) Meal Pick Up, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
3: NO SCHOOL, Parent-Teacher Conferences/In-Service
4: NO SCHOOL, Teacher In-Service
4: PTC meeting, 9:30 a.m.
9: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
10: Eisenhower Picture Retake Day
10: High School FAFSA Completion Night Workshop, 6:30 p.m., tentative
11: NO SCHOOL, Parent-Teacher Conferences/In-Service
11: Streams Picture Retake Day, 1-3 p.m.
12: Eisenhower Picture Retake Day
12: Baker PTA meeting, 10 a.m.
13: Eisenhower PTO meeting, 9 a.m.
17: Fort Couch PTSO meeting
17: Streams PTO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
19: High School, Junior Parent meeting, 6:30 p.m.
20: Report Cards – First Marking Period
23: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
26: NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Recess
27: NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Recess
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online.
- Teacher: Middle School Long-Term Substitute German Teacher
- Nutrition Center General Worker (Fort Couch)
- Nutrition Center General Worker (USC High School)
- Teacher: High School Long-Term Substitute Science
- Teacher: Middle School Long-Term Substitute Music Teacher
- Maintenance Technician
- Bus driver
- Annual Weekly Substitute (AWS) Teacher
- Substitutes, substitutes, substitutes:
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: Girls Lacrosse Clinic (gr. 1-8): Nov. 8
- Boyce Spirit Wear Sale: deadline to order - Oct. 25
- Weekly respites for individuals with disabilities ages 4 - adult
- USC Boys Lacrosse: Golf Outing Oct. 24
- Halloween Storytime - Oct. 26
- Monster Storytime - Oct. 27
- Teen Craft Night: Halloween Edition - Oct. 28
- Zoom Listen, Learn & Create - Wednesdays
- Zoom Twos & Threes Storytime - Oct. 29
- Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten - Tuesdays in Nov.
- Sugarplum 2020: Nov. 5-10
- And more…
You have received this message because you’re subscribed to E-Alerts from the Upper St. Clair School District. To unsubscribe, sign in to the website and edit your account settings in the My Account area.