Weekly Recap for Friday, June 14, 2019
Have an AMAZING summer! Students are off until Monday, Aug. 26. If you're looking for camps and activities, please check out our summer opportunities, athletic camps and clinics; and the online Bulletin Board. :)
Best wishes to our 2018-19 retirees
Upper St. Clair School District celebrated the retirement of 18 faculty and staff members who have a combined 293 years of service to the school community. The district’s annual end-of-year staff breakfast and retiree recognition event was held on Thursday, June 13, at Upper St. Clair High School. Read more and view photos
Students learn resilience & compassion in Baker’s Yo-Yo Club
On the surface, Baker Elementary’s All Wound Up Yo-Yo Club sounds like a quirky, fun club for fourth graders. Scratch beneath the surface and you soon learn that it’s a whole lot more. First established by teacher Erik Wiesemann in 2012, the Yo-Yo Club meets once a week for five weeks. It’s so popular among fourth graders – with 55 participants – that three different sessions run simultaneously. Read more
Fort Couch musicians earn top honors
The Fort Couch Middle School symphonic winds and jazz bands earned top honors at the Music in the Parks Festival held May 31-June 1, 2019, in Hershey Park. In addition to both bands earning first place in the concert band and jazz ensemble categories, they also received the Hershey Park Esprit de Corps Award. Read more
2019 Commencement video available online
Video from the Upper St. Clair High School graduation ceremony – held on Thursday, June 6 – is now available online. Watch the video
38 named June Boyce Pride winners
Thirty-eight Boyce Middle School students were recently honored with June Boyce Pride Awards, a monthly celebration of kindness, sponsored by the Boyce PTO. Read more
2019-20 Sports Registration (grades 7-12) – new online process
USCSD is now offering the convenience of online registration for our athletic programs through partner company FamilyID. Families of students entering grades 7-12 can now begin registering for 2019-20 fall athletics. Read more
2019-20 Athletic Passes now on sale
Athletic Passes for both students and adults are now on sale for Upper St. Clair School District sports fans. The Ultimate Panther Pass covers general admission to all regular season, home athletic events for all boys’ and girls’ sports. There are approximately 75 ticketed events including football, soccer, basketball, swimming, wrestling, lacrosse and volleyball. Read more
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Awarding-winner author & expert to address adolescent issues
Internationally recognized child development expert and best-selling author Dr. Michele Borba will deliver a presentation for parents and educators from 7-8:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 11, 2019, in the Upper St. Clair High School theater. Titled, “Unselfie: Raising caring, successful kids in a plugged-in, trophy-driven world,” the program is free and open to the public. Read more
- 2019 Boys Golf Tryout Information
- Register online now for USCHS and Fort Couch fall athletics (gr. 7-12)
- USC To Host Track And Field Coaching Clinic June 26th
In case you missed it…
- Steelers Great Hines Ward To Honor USC Athlete (Kyle Pollock)
- USC Fares Well Again In Top Pittsburgh Area High School Rankings
- Positive Athlete Pittsburgh to present more than $16,000 in scholarships (Rowing: Kyle Pollock, Upper St. Clair)
- Upper St. Clair coach bringing running clinic to area
- New principal named for Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair students raise money to benefit Jubilee Soup Kitchen
- Upper St. Clair names new assistant to the superintendent
- Upper St. Clair High School Gets New Principal
- WPIAL girls lacrosse All-Star teams recognize season efforts (All-WPIAL, Class AAA: from USC – Lindsay Newton, Lauren Hart, Aria Deitrich)
- Boys lacrosse standouts voted to WPIAL All-Star teams (All-Section, 1-AAA: from USC – Tim Daschbach, Attack; Logan Tobias, Midfield; Ethan Rutkowski, Defense)
17-21: Fort Couch Band Camp, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
17-21: High School STEAM Academy (entering gr. 9-12)
17-21: Surviving Mars (entering gr. 7-8), Fort Couch
17: Kennywood Day
19: School Board meeting/Budget adoption, 8 a.m., Central Offices
24-27: SCRATCH - Programming (entering gr. 6-9), Fort Couch
24-28: Ingenuity Camp (entering gr. 2-8), Fort Couch
24-28: Creative Writing (entering gr. 1-5), Eisenhower
24-July 5: Elementary Reading Lab (entering gr. 2-5), Streams
26: Report Cards available on Parent Portal (gr. 5-12), mailed to elementary families
4: Independence Day – Offices Closed
5: Offices Closed
8-12: Python Programming Course (entering gr. 5-6), USCHS
15-19: Elementary STEAM Camp (entering gr. 1-4), Baker
22-26: USC Leadership Academies (entering gr. 4-12) - Elementary | Boyce | Ft. Couch | High School
29-Aug. 2: STEAM Creative Design (entering gr. 5-6), Boyce
29-Aug. 9: High School Band Camp
5: School Board Meeting, 7 p.m., Central Offices
5-9: Back-to-School Reading Camp (entering gr. 1-2), Streams
5-9: Story-Bot Camp (entering gr. 3-5), Eisenhower
8: Boyce New-to-District Family Welcome, 2 p.m.
13: High School Senior Schedule Changes, 8-11 a.m.
13: Fort Couch New-to-the-District Orientation, 10 a.m.
13: High School Junior Schedule Changes, noon-3 p.m.
14: High School Sophomore Schedule Changes, 8-11 a.m.
14: High School Freshmen Schedule Changes & Walk Through, noon-3 p.m.
15: High School New Student Orientation, 9-11 a.m.
16: Eisenhower Welcome, PTO Breakfast, 9-10:30 a.m.
16: Baker Supply Order Pick Up
16: Baker New Family Welcome, 9 a.m.
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online for the following positions:
- Eisenhower Long-term Substitute Teacher
- Special Education Per Diem Substitute Teacher
- English Language Arts Long-term Substitute Teacher
- Human Resources Generalist
- Part-time Cook in the Nutrition Center
- Several middle and high school coaching positions
Substitute opportunities with flexibility: The school district is currently recruiting for several substitute positions including teachers, school nurses, teacher aides, nutrition center workers, custodians and bus drivers. These are great opportunities for those with school-age children as most follow the school calendar. Only work the days you’re available!!! Apply online!
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: USC 7-8th grade Leadership Academy: Register by June 30
- Football Summer Conditioning Program (gr. 7-9): June 17-July 26
- Camp St. Clair (gr. 1-7): June 18-July 19
- Field Hockey Youth Clinic (gr. 5-9): June 24 & 26
- Aesop’s Fables Puppet Show: June 28
- Wahoo Swim Team (ages 5-14): mid June - late July
- Boyce Summer Band Camp: July 15-19
- Kids Triathlon: July 20 and July 27
- Soccer Camp (PreK-gr 6): July 22-25
- Youth Football Camp of Champions (gr. K-6): July 22-24
- Learn to Row Camps (gr. 7-12): June 24-26 or Aug. 12-14
- Middle School Volleyball Skills Camp (gr. 5-9): July 8-12
- Story-BOT Camp (gr. 2-4): Aug. 5-9
- Community Foundation Golf Invitational: Sept. 23
- And more…
Tina Vojtko, Communications Specialist
Upper St. Clair School District