Weekly Recap for Friday, Sept. 30, 2022
Construction on Fort Couch Road Monday and Tuesday
According to a PennDOT official, roadwork is scheduled for Fort Couch Road this Monday, Oct. 3, and Tuesday, Oct. 4. The stretch of road under construction runs from the middle school to the intersection with Washington Road. It is anticipated that most of the work will begin AFTER morning arrival. However, midday kindergarten transportation as well as afternoon dismissal will likely be impacted.
Photo Gallery: Homecoming King & Queen crowned
Congratulations to Upper St. Clair High School seniors Tyler Kirk and Bryn Junko who were crowned Homecoming King and Queen during halftime ceremonies on Friday, Sept. 23, 2022. Members of the Homecoming Court included Laney Casares, Maura Joyce, Olivia Roylance and Ashvita Saxena as well as Ansh Goyal, Brian Lund, Owen Mandler and Phillip Markovitz. In the Homecoming football game, the Panthers defeated Peters Township 17-10 in a Class 5A Allegheny Six Conference matchup. Read more and view photos
Mentors host Freshmen Field Day
The Upper St. Clair High School mentor program hosted its 14th annual Freshmen Field Day event on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022, at the high school stadium. The event was led by a team of four seniors – Anna McElligott, Lauren Starr, Yoshna Venkataraman and Dakota Worstell – who serve as the Senior Leadership Team. Read more and view photos
Seven named to September Deans’ List
Upper St. Clair High School administrators named seven outstanding students to the monthly Deans’ List. Honorees and the teachers who nominated them were recognized at a special breakfast event on Wednesday, Sept. 28. Read more and view photos
2022-23 school year to include Flexible Instructional Days (FID)
During the 2022-2023 school year, Upper St. Clair School District will be utilizing Flexible Instructional Days (FIDs), which may be used in place of a school day that would otherwise be canceled because of inclement weather or another emergency situation. On a FID, students will participate in synchronous instruction provided by teachers following a 2-hour delay schedule. Read more
Transition panel set for Oct. 6
Upper St. Clair High School is hosting a Transition Panel at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 6, 2022, in the small group instruction room. The event is intended for families to gain a better understanding of what to expect when a student with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Agreement goes to college. Read more
SHOP@USC offering Breast Cancer Awareness month apparel
In support of our friends, neighbors and families who are battling breast cancer, SHOP@USC is producing special apparel throughout the month of October. With every purchase, a donation will be made to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. You can find these special items online at shopusc.org.
All students eligible for FREE breakfast beginning Oct. 1
Governor Tom Wolf recently announced the Universal Free Breakfast Program that will enable Upper St. Clair schools to offer FREE breakfast to all students in kindergarten through grade 12. The initiative begins Oct. 1 and will last throughout the 2022-23 school year. Read more
Breakfast menus: Elementary & Middle Schools | High School
- Loomis/Ellenbert to defend their 2021 Section 4 Doubles Champion Title
- Girls soccer shuts out Baldwin in 6-0 victory
- Boys soccer blanks Baldwin on Senior Night
- McKenzie and Joon advance to boys WPIAL Golf Championship
- Cross Country has strong performance on Senior Night; Weinmann sets school record
- Girls soccer dominates Hempfield
- Boys Soccer Team Youth Night – Thurs., Oct. 6
- 2022-23 Athletic Passes now on sale
- Purchase home event tickets online
- Live stream USC athletics at uscsd.tv
In case you missed it…
- Upper St. Clair tandem win section doubles title
- Three teams enter latest HSFA Pennsylvania Top 25 high school football rankings (USC ranks #17 in Pa.)
- USC field day
- WPIAL Blitz Show 2022 Week 5 With Upper St Clair Head Coach Mike Junko
- Top WPIAL teams hold on to spots in Volleyball Coaches Association rankings (USC ranks #10)
- Mt. Lebanon hosts Upper St. Clair in backyard brawl Sept. 30
- Upper St. Clair teenager is lifting up local refugees with his neighbors' donated reads
- Upper St. Clair Defense Dominates Peters in 17-10 Win
- Upper St. Clair football takes down Peters Township 17-10 behind defense and freshman quarterback
- PG High school football rankings (USC ranks #1 in WPIAL Class 5A / #5 in PA)
- Trib HSSN WPIAL football rankings: Week ending Sept. 25, 2022 (USC ranks #1 in Class 5A)
- Upper St. Clair stays undefeated with victory over Peters Township
- Upper St. Clair defense hands Peters Township first loss
- Upper St. Clair’s defense shines in Class 5A showdown
- Game of the Week: Upper St. Clair defeats Peters Township
- Skylights Week 4: Peters Township at Upper St. Clair
Parent Teacher Council
Upcoming PTC & Unit Meetings:
- PTC: 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 5 – virtual
- USCHS PTSO: 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9
- Fort Couch PTSO: 9:30 a.m.; Tuesday, Oct. 18
- Boyce PTO: 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 16
- Baker PTA: 9:30 a.m.; Thursday, Nov. 10
- Eisenhower PTO: 9:30 a.m.; Friday, Nov. 11
- Streams PTO: 9:30 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 17
3: USCHS FAFSA Completion Night, 6:30 p.m.
3: Boyce Pride
4: Streams Book Fair/Ice Cream Social, 5-8 p.m.
5: PTC meeting, 9:30 a.m.
6: Fort Couch Open House, 7-9 p.m./ FC EARLY DISMISSAL – 1:15 p.m.
6: Transition Panel, 6 p.m., USCHS
7: Boyce Socktober – Crazy Sock Day
7: Halls of Fame Celebration, 5 p.m.
10: Combined Orchestra & Pantheon Choir Concert, 7 p.m., USCHS theater
11: South Hills College & Career Fair, 6-8:30 p.m., Bethel Park HS
12: PSAT exam, USCHS
12: LEAD Family Night, 7 p.m., USCHS theater, RSVP to attend
14: Fort Couch Picture Make-up Day, 8:45-10:45 a.m.
14: Boyce Socktober – Crazy Sock Day
15: USCHS Cabaret Club Performance, 5-9 p.m.
16: Powder Puff Football Game, 6 p.m., USCHS Stadium
18: Streams School Picture Retake/Make-up Day, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
18: Boyce School Picture Make-Up Day
18: Fort Couch PTSO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
19: USCHS Principal’s Advisory Council (PAC) meeting, 9:30 a.m.
19: Partners In Education (PIE) Connection Cafe, 6-8 p.m., Whole Foods Cafe
20: USCHS Junior Parent meeting, 6:30 p.m.
20: Boyce Grade 5 OLSAT Testing
21: Boyce Socktober – Crazy Sock Day
21: Baker Boo Bash, 6 p.m.
21: Eisenhowler, 5 p.m.
24: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
24-28: Boyce & Fort Couch Red Ribbon Week
26: USCHS Underclassmen Picture Retake/Make-up Day
26: Partners In Education (PIE) Allergy-Friendly Trunk-or-Treat, 6-7 p.m., Eisenhower Parking Lot
26: Baker School Picture Retake/Make-up Day
27: Eisenhower School Picture Retake/Make-up Day
27: USCHS Fall Play – “Lost in Yonkers,” 7:30 p.m.
28: Boyce Socktober – Crazy Sock Day
28: First quarter marking period ends
28: Elementary Harvest Parties
29: USCHS Fall Play – “Lost in Yonkers,” 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
30: USCHS Fall Play – “Lost in Yonkers,” 2:30 p.m.
31: NO SCHOOL – Teacher In-Service
1: Second Quarter Begins
2: Parent Teacher Council (PTC) meeting, 9:30 a.m.
3: USCHS Band Concert, 7 p.m.
6: Daylight Saving Time ends
7-8: Baker Book Fair
7: PTC Wellness Committee program featuring author Kate Leavell, 7 p.m., USCHS theater
7: NO SCHOOL – Teacher In-Service/Parent Conferences
8: NO SCHOOL – Teacher In-Service/Parent Conferences
9: USCHS PTSO, 9:30 a.m. LGI
10: Baker PTA meeting, 9:30 a.m.
11: First Quarter Report Cards (posted in Focus/Parent Portal)
11: Eisenhower PTO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
14: Boyce Pride
15: Fort Couch PTSO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
16: USCHS Jazz Concert, 7 p.m.
17: Fort Couch Social, 7 p.m.
17: Streams PTO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
19: Madrigal Dinner, 5:30 p.m., Westminster Church
21: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
23: NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
24: NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
25: NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
Come join our team! There are several permanent and substitute openings in the Upper St. Clair School District. Please share our list of openings with friends and family who may be interested.
Full and Part-time Openings
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online for the following positions:
- Custodian (Multiple Positions)
- Mechanic (Maintenance)
- Human Resources Representative
- Nutrition Center General Worker
- Assistant Coach: Boys' Varsity Basketball
- Bus Attendant
- Assistant Coach: High School Wrestling
- Custodial Manager
- Mechanic Co-op Student Worker
Increased pay rates for several substitute positions:
- Bus Drivers: $22.50/hour
- Cafeteria Workers: $13/hour
- Secretaries: $15/hour
- Custodians: $15/hour
- Teacher Aides: $15/hour
- Bus Attendants: $15/hour
- Van Drivers: $18/hour
- Teachers: $150/day
- Nurses: $150/day
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: Youth Soccer Night: Oct. 6
- USC Girls Volleyball celebrates YOUTH NIGHT - Oct. 6
- Transition Panel – Oct. 6
- "LEAD" Family Night Program - Oct. 12
- Register to vote: deadline is Oct. 24
- Healthy Kids Running Series – Sundays, Oct. 2–30
- Pennsylvania's Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- And more…