Weekly Recap for Friday, Jan. 22, 2021
USCSD Weekly Recap
Open Mic set for Feb. 1
The Upper St. Clair Parent Teacher Council Open Mic event is set for 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 1, 2020. The virtual event will feature a presentation on the topic, Supporting a Healthy School Environment. Read more | Register for the event online
February Counseling Newsletter
The February 2021 edition of the Counseling Newsletter is now available online. This month’s issue features information about scholarships, course selection, eighth grade parent meeting, college and career readiness, social/emotional health, and more. Click here to read the February 2021 Counseling Newsletter
Daily Health Check
Using this brief set of questions, and after taking your child’s temperature, please assess your child’s health for readiness to attend school each day. Under the following conditions, your child should stay home and you should contact the school nurse immediately:
- Your child is symptomatic
- Your child – or any member of your household – is awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Your child has been identified as a close contact and is ordered to quarantine
- Your child (over age 11) has traveled out-of-state within the last 14 days and does not have a negative SARS-CoV2 (COVID-19) PCR – OR – rapid antigen test
- Your child has tested positive for COVID-19
If there is a situation and you are unsure as to whether your child should stay home, please contact your school nurse for guidance.
Curbside Meal Orders / Pick-Up
We are now accepting to-go meal orders for curbside pick-up for the Week of Feb. 1. Curbside meal pick-up will be available on the following days/times:
- Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 3 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Orders must be submitted by 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 25. (late orders cannot be accepted) Click here to access the online order form.
Students in grades 1-12 enrolled in our in-person learning model will each receive a three-day meal pack. Students enrolled in remote learning as well as all kindergarteners and non-USCSD students will receive five-day meal packs.
Thank you for remembering to wear your mask during pick-up. Please Note: If you or a member of your household are ill, under quarantine orders, or are in isolation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will identify needed arrangements to provide your family's meals.
We are in need of volunteers to help with meal distribution on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This is a great chance to see families, get fresh air and a little bit of physical activity, and be of service to our community. Since September, we have distributed over 120,000 meals to USC children!
Who can volunteer?
- Any staff/caregiver with current volunteer clearances
- Any high school student
- Any student under high school age who is volunteering with his/her parent
As always, volunteers must meet all daily screening requirements, wear a mask, use clean hands, and keep a safe distance from others. Click here to sign-up for one or more afternoons.
- USC Swim And Dive Defeat Oakland Catholic and Central Catholic
- Live Stream Information for Friday & Saturday
- USC Rifle Falls To Bethel Park In Competitive Match
- Girls Lacrosse Kickoff Meeting – Feb. 10
- USC Wrestling Falls To Peters On Senior Night
- Girls Varsity Basketball Defeats Latrobe
- Boys Varsity Basketball Earns Comeback Win at Hempfield
- USC Girls Basketball Gets Win Over Mars
- Boys Varsity Basketball Defeats Canon McMillian
- USC Wrestling Comes Up Short At North Hills
Parent Teacher Council
PTC hosts Custodian Gratitude Drive
Let’s celebrate the power of 1 in the year 2021! If every 1 person in our 1 community donates $1, we can support those who work so hard to support us! The PTC is hosting a gratitude drive for the custodians across the USCSD to thank them for their countless extra hours they have put in to make it possible for our kids to attend a safe and healthy school. You may leave words of gratitude and/or monetary donations (totally optional) via the PTC webpage: https://www.uscsd.k12.pa.us/domain/53. Please consider showing your gratitude today! The deadline to contribute is Friday, Jan. 29. All proceeds will be divided equally among the custodians in gift cards.
Upcoming Unit Meetings:
- USCHS PTSO: March 17
- Fort Couch PTSO: Feb. 16
- Boyce PTO: Feb. 10, 9:30 a.m.
- Baker PTA: March 11, 10 a.m.
- Eisenhower PTO: April 16, 9:30 a.m.
- Streams PTO: March 9, 9:30 a.m.
A few PTC reminders:
- The Open Mic event has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 1 – click here to register online.
- Our next PTC meeting is set for 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 3.
- Stay up to date with all that's going on with PTC on our website
In case you missed it…
- Events an uncertainty for WPIAL swim champion Taylor Connors
- Boys basketball rankings: In Class 6A, there's Upper St. Clair and the rest
- Girls basketball rankings: Blackhawk moves up to No. 2 in Class 4A (USC #3)
- Big Ten Selects Three for Men’s Golf Preseason Honors (USC graduate Lou Olsakovsky)
- USC continues winning ways while Lebo, CV fall
- Trib 10: boys basketball power ratings (USC #1)
- Trib HSSN boys basketball state rankings for Jan. 20, 2021 (USC #4)
- Pittsburgh-area native tapped to lead China policy in Biden administration (USC graduate Laura Rosenberger)
- WPIAL girls basketball rankings: Week ending Jan. 16, 2021 (USC ranked #2)
- WPIAL boys basketball rankings: Week ending Jan. 16, 2021 (USC ranked #1)
25: Order deadline for To-Go Meals for Week of Feb. 1, 9 a.m.
25: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
26: Curbside Meal Pick-Up, 3:30-5:30 p.m., High School
27: Curbside Meal Pick-Up, 3:30-4:30 p.m., High School
27: Streams Spelling Bee, 4 p.m., remote
1: Report Cards, Second marking period
1: PTC Open Mic, 7 p.m., virtual
2: Curbside Meal Pick-Up, 3:30-5:30 p.m., High School
3: Curbside Meal Pick-Up, 3:30-4:30 p.m., High School
3: PTC meeting, 9:30 a.m.
4: Boyce Virtual Spelling Bee, 5: p.m.
4: High School 8th Grade Parent Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
8: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
15-19: Boyce – Random Acts of Kindness Week (date change)
16: Fort Couch PTSO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
22: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
24: Third Marking Period Progress Reports
Come join our team! There are several permanent and substitute openings in the Upper St. Clair School District. Please share our list of openings with friends and family who may be interested.
The district has recently increased pay rates for several substitute positions including the following:
- Substitute Bus Drivers $22.50/hour
- Substitute Custodians $14/hour
- Substitute Nurses $150/day
- Substitute Teacher Aides $15/hour
- Substitute Bus Attendants $15/hour
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online for the following positions:
- District Driver/Delivery
- Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach
- Girls Varsity Lacrosse Assistant Coach
- Teacher Aide (Eisenhower Elementary)
- Teacher: Elementary & High School Band/Instrumental Teacher
- Teacher: Middle School Long-Term Substitute German Teacher
- Teacher: High School Long-Term Substitute Science
- Nutrition Center General Worker (Fort Couch)
- Nutrition Center General Worker (USC High School)
- Bus driver
- Annual Weekly Substitute (AWS) Teacher
- ETC Substitute Teacher (non-certificated)
- Substitute Teachers
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: Online STEM immersive career experiences (ages 12-18)
- Camp Invention (K-6): July 19-23
- STEM Adventure Day Camp (ages 6-13)
- Upcoming Programs at the Community & Recreation Center
- Zoom Teen Trivia: Are You Smarter Than a 4th Grader? - Jan. 27
- And more…