Weekly Recap for Friday, Aug. 7, 2020
District presents Reopening Plan for 2020-21
We recognize the academic as well as social/emotional need for students to return to school. At the same time, we also understand that we have a number of families for whom a fully remote educational program is the only viable option. Therefore, Upper St. Clair School District families will select from two educational programs to start the 2020-21 school year: Hybrid (In-person & Remote) or Fully Remote. Read more | Video: Reopening Plan Presentation | FAQs
complete by this Tuesday, Aug. 11
In preparation for the 2020-21 school year, all families are asked to complete the Back-to-School Registration process via Parent Portal as soon as possible but no later than Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2020. Among the forms to be completed is the 2020-21 Educational Program Selection, which asks for a commitment to start the school year in a Hybrid or Fully Remote learning model. Read more | login to Parent Portal
Technology device distribution begins next week
Beginning this school year, all Upper St. Clair students will have a district-issued technology device to assist with their learning. Elementary students will receive iPads. Middle and high school students will use Chromebooks.
Families with children in multiple buildings can pick-up all devices at one time/place. Device pick-up will occur at the Upper St. Clair High School. Please be sure to wear a face-covering.
- Last names A-L: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 11
- Last names M-Z: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 12
- Make-up Day A-Z: 1-6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 18
Returning students in Grades 10-12 kept their Chromebooks from last year so device pick-up is not necessary this them. New USCHS students should plan to pick up their devices. Read more
USCHS Track/Stadium Community Hours
The hours for community use of the high school track/stadium are adjusted to accommodate the return of fall athletics and activities. Hours are as follows:
- August 3 – 14: 6 – 7 a.m. and 5 – 8 p.m. (M,W,F); 5 - 6:30 p.m. (T,Th)
- August 17-21: 6 – 7 a.m. and 11 – 3 p.m.
- August 26-28: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Physicals for students in grades K, 6, and 11
The Pennsylvania school code mandates medical examinations for students in grades K, 6 and 11 because these grades represent important periods of growth and development in a student’s life. The major objective of these examinations is to ensure that the student is in a general state of good health. Additional immunizations are also required for 7th and 12th grade. Read more | Access health forms online
Dental Exam for Students in grades K, 3, and 7
The Pennsylvania school code mandates dental examinations for students in grades K,3 and 7. This is to ensure that all students are being evaluated for oral and dental issues during these pivotal ages of growth. Read more | Download the Private Dental Exam Report form
Applying for Free/Reduced Price School Meals
Free/Reduced Priced Meals are available for eligible families. Family circumstances can change at any time; therefore, please know that applications can be completed anytime during the school year.
- Families can submit Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Applications online by logging in to www.schoolcafe.com. The application process is quick and easy. This process will require an adult to login using the Student ID of any student in your household. Applying online will speed up the determination process and benefits can be utilized sooner. Please remember to include all students in your household that attend USC schools on the same application. Click here to watch a video on how to apply online
- OR click here to download and print the application
- Please See The Latest Information Regarding The PIAA
- Player Spotlight Article: David Pantelis
- Scott Jordan Earns Tri-State Player of The Year With Another Win
- USC Rifle Season Award Winners
- New Cheer Tryout Dates Set For Aug.12 and 14
In case you missed it…
- Premier player series: Pay attention to Upper St. Clair's David Pantelis
- Two in school, three at home: Upper St. Clair considers ‘hybrid’ reopening
- School sports seasons hang in the balance
- Upper St. Clair Native Anna Bruno’s Debut Novel Sets A High Bar
- Upper St. Clair School District Considering Options For Return-To-School Plans
- Student-organized pickleball tournament in Upper St. Clair raises $1,200
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online.
- Elementary Teacher (Contract position) - deadline Tuesday 8/11
- Substitutes, substitutes, substitutes:
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: USCHS Football Fundraiser: USC Spiritwear
- USC Inline Hockey tryouts - Aug. 12
- USC Varsity Hockey - Assistant Coach needed
- Student-led fundraiser – Art for Joy
- School Year 2020-21 Registration Deadline Approaching for the K-Plus and Before/After School Program
- Student-led fundraiser for SHIM & PGH Food Bank
- STEM and Buds ONLINE Summer Camp (gr. 6-8) - Aug. 10-14
- USC Youth Football Camp: Aug. 3-5
- Student-led fundraiser: Book Buddies – a test prep book sharing venture
- USC Rowing - Learn to Row Camp: Aug. 4-6
- GET HELP/GIVE HELP: Local outreach for those affected by COVID-19
- And more…
Tina Vojtko, Communications Specialist
Upper St. Clair School District