Weekly Recap for Friday, March 17, 2023
- Friday, March 31: NO SCHOOL / Teacher-In-Service
- Monday, April 3 – Friday, April 7: NO SCHOOL / Spring Recess
USC Girls Basketball reaches PIAA quarterfinals
Good luck to our USCHS girls basketball team. The Panthers face Cedar Cliff High School in the WPIAL quarterfinals at 6 p.m. TODAY (Friday, March 17) at Altoona High School. Tickets for the game are $8 and must be purchased online. Get tickets
USC Swimmers compete in PIAA Championships
Members of the USC swim team are competing in the PIAA Championships today (Friday, March 17) and tomorrow (Saturday, March 18) at Bucknell University. Good luck to Clara, Evie, Freja, Blaire, Kaitlyn, Amanda, Kendell, Colby, Matvey, Whit, Nazar, Max, Liam and Ben. Let’s go Panthers!
USC Hockey faces Peters in finals
The Upper St. Clair Ice Hockey team faces off against Peters Township in the PIHL Class 3A finals at 6:15 p.m. this Monday, March 20 at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry Township. Good luck to our student athletes!
Our spring sports season is now underway. Be sure to check the athletics website for the latest sports news, information and game schedules. Good luck to our spring sports teams: baseball, softball, lacrosse, boys tennis, track & field, and boys volleyball. Athletics Calendar | Purchase home game tickets (lacrosse and boys volleyball)
USCSD Summer Programs
Upper St. Clair is offering numerous summer program experiences for students at all grade levels. In addition to reading and math labs, there are STEAM and robotics camps, leadership academies and summer wellness opportunities. To start planning your child’s summer experiences, review the line-up of offerings on the district’s website. Registration links will be added to the website next week, please check back to register online.
USCHS celebrates African American history
The Upper St. Clair High School Black Student Union (BSU) hosted a month-long celebration that included a school-wide trivia contest, performances and a leadership workshop to commemorate and celebrate Black history throughout February. Read more
USCHS earns three third place finishes at German Day
Upper St. Clair High School students earned three third place finishes at the 23rd annual Three Rivers German Day competition. Hosted by Washington & Jefferson College, the event was held on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. In total, 35 Upper St. Clair students participated in the German Day activities. The high school students are members of the school’s German Club and are enrolled in Passport to German, IB German 4, and IB German 5 classes. Read more
Halls of Fame nominations accepted through May 31
Nominations for the Upper St. Clair High School Halls of Fame are being accepted now through May 31, 2023. Founded in 2000, the Upper St. Clair Halls of Fame honors those who have distinguished themselves in academics, the arts, or athletics at the high school, collegiate or professional level. Nominees may be alumni who graduated five or more years ago, former staff members and/or former volunteers of Upper St. Clair High School. Read more
- Girls basketball PIAA quarterfinal vs Cedar Cliff game information
- Swimming heading to PIAA championships
- Girls basketball advances to PIAA quarterfinals with victory over Pennsbury
- Sports uniforms and equipment wanted
- USC Crew announces spring schedule
- Girls basketball PIAA Second Round vs. Pennsbury game information
- Girls basketball takes down McDowell in PIAA Opening Round
In case you missed it…
- PIAA girls basketball quarterfinals (scroll down for USC girls basketball)
- 2023 WPIAL Class 5A baseball preseason breakdown
- Peters Township blanks NA; moves into PIHL finals vs USC
- Upper St. Clair duo named Junior Women of Achievement
- Upper St. Clair spreads kindness
- Upper St. Clair HS 2023 Halls-Of-Fame Nominations Being Accepted
- Upper St. Clair advances in Odyssey of Mind competition
- Children’s author visits Baker Elementary
- 2023 WPIAL Class 6A baseball preseason breakdown
- 2023 WPIAL Class 5A softball preseason breakdown
- Peters Township, Upper St. Clair earn trips to PIHL Class 3A Penguins Cup finals
- PIHL Class 3A Penguins Cup semifinals: Peters Township cruises into the title game, will face Upper St. Clair
- What to watch for in high school sports for March 14, 2023: PIAA basketball second round tips off
- South Hills 7th grader to represent W.Pa. in national spelling bee
- PIHL semifinal preview
Parent Teacher Council
Upcoming PTC & Unit Meetings:
- PTC: 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, April 12 – virtual
- USCHS PTSO: 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, May 10
- Fort Couch PTSO: 9:30 a.m.; Tuesday, March 21, register to attend
- Boyce PTO: 1 p.m., Wednesday, April 12
- Baker PTA: 9:30 a.m.; Thursday, April 13
- Eisenhower PTO: 9:30 a.m.; Friday, April 14
- Streams PTO: 9:30 a.m., Friday, April 21
Partners in Education (PIE) Events: A committee of the USC Parent Teacher Council, PIE provides support to families of students who receive special education services. The committee offers a variety of programming for parents of children of all ages. In addition, PIE provides an informal opportunity for parents to meet, share resources and build relationships.
- Sensory Movie Night-The Super Mario Bros. Movie: 5:30 p.m., Mon., April 17, Phoenix Theatre, Bridgeville
- All Special Education families from USC are welcome
- Tickets are limited. Please register online in advance.
- Order a Discounted Kids Snack Pack $2.50 (includes a kids popcorn, drink and fruit snack)
- Download the event flier
- 2022-23 School Calendar (2-page PDF)
- 2023-24 School Calendar (2-page PDF)
- Online activities calendar
- Athletics Calendar
20: Baker Kindergarten Social, 6 p.m.
21: Fort Couch PTSO: 9:30 a.m., register to attend
22: Streams 3rd Grade Special Level Night, 9:30 a.m.
22: Streams 3rd Grade Open Mic, 6:30 p.m.
23: Eisenhower 3rd Grade Social
23-24: Streams Book Fair
24: Streams Ice Cream Social, 6:30 p.m.
27: School Board meeting, 7 p.m.
28: USCHS Pop Choral Concert, 7 p.m.
29: Streams 4th Grade Special Level Night, 9:30 a.m.
29: Streams 4th Grade Open Mic, 6:30 p.m.
30: Third Quarter Marking Period Ends
30: PMEA Music Performance Assessments
31: NO SCHOOL – teacher-in-service
3-7: NO SCHOOL – Spring Recess
12: Boyce PTO meeting, 1 p.m.
12: Parent Teacher Council meeting, 9:30 a.m.
13: Baker PTA meeting, 9:30 a.m.
13: USC Band Festival (gr. 5-12), 7 p.m.
14: Third Quarter Report Cards (K-gr. 8)
14: Eisenhower PTO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
17: PIE Sensory Movie Night-The Super Mario Bros. Movie: 5:30 p.m., Phoenix Theatre, Bridgeville
18: Fort Couch PTSO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
18: Boyce 6th Grade Musical, 7 p.m.
19: Boyce 6th Grade Musical, 7 p.m.
19: National Honor Society Induction
20: Boyce 5th Grade Musical, 7 p.m.
21: Streams PTO meeting, 9:30 a.m.
21: Boyce 5th Grade Musical, 7 p.m.
24: School Board Meeting, 7 p.m.
25: PSSA ELA testing, grades 3-8
25: Marching Band Informational Meeting, 7 p.m., Boyce theater
26: PSSA ELA testing, grades 3-8
26: Deer Valley Parent meeting, 7 p.m., Boyce theater
28: STARS event, 9-11:30 a.m., USCHS
28: PSSA ELA testing, grades 3-8
Mark your calendar…
USC Community Day, May 20
USC Kennywood Day, June 20
Elementary STEAM Camp, July 10-14
Leadership Academies, July 17-21
Come join our team! There are several permanent and substitute openings in the Upper St. Clair School District. Please share our list of openings with friends and family who may be interested.
Full and Part-time Openings
Check out our current employment opportunities and apply online for the following positions:
- Custodian (Multiple Positions)
- Marching Band - Set Designer
- Substitute Custodian - Summer (perfect for college students home for the summer!)
- High School Music Teacher (Choral) - Contract
- Science Teacher (Middle School) - Contract
- High School Physics/Chemistry Teacher
- Marching Band - Percussion Assistant Coordinator
- Marching Band Color Guard (Auxiliary) Co-Coordinator
- Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Custodial Manager
- Assistant Coach: High School Wrestling
- Temporary Teacher Aide
- Nutrition Center General Worker
- Bus Attendant
- Mechanic Co-op Student Worker
Increased pay rates for several substitute positions:
- Bus Drivers: $22.50/hour
- Cafeteria Workers: $13/hour
- Secretaries: $15/hour
- Custodians: $15/hour
- Teacher Aides: $15/hour
- Bus Attendants: $15/hour
- Van Drivers: $18/hour
- Teachers: $150/day
- Nurses: $150/day
Be sure to check the district’s online community bulletin board for information about upcoming community events as well as summer science camps, sports camps, dance clinics and more…
- NEW: USC Crew Announces Spring Schedule
- NEW: 2023-24 USCHS Dance Team Tryouts: April 11-13
- NEW: Easter Bunny visits and Egg Hiding: proceeds benefit the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- USCHS Environmental Club planting tree saplings for $5
- Book Drive at Boyce MS: March 13-24
- FREE Volleyball Camp (gr. 5-8): March 18, registration limited
- Iftar Dinner - Ramadan 2023: RSVP by March 18
- Sports Equipment Drive: March 18-19
- USCHS Softball Youth Night: March 31
- US Youth Volleyball League (ages 7-15): begins April 1
- Track Camp (gr. K-8): April 3-5
- Volleyball Boosters hosting golf outing: Register by May 1
- USC Inline Hockey Sign-ups (gr. 2-12): May 5
- USCHS Class of 1974 - 50th Reunion
- EDS Summer Camp Registration is now OPEN
- STEAM Opportunities
- STEM Adventure Camp (ages 6-14): June-July
- Pennsylvania's Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- And more…
Subscribe to eAlerts to receive the Weekly Recap via email every Friday.
Tina Vojtko, Communications Specialist
Upper St. Clair School District