Summer STEAM Camp: "EdZOOcation"
For students currently in grades K-3
- July 15-19, 2019
- 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Baker Elementary School
"EdZOOcation with a focus on Zoo animals". This STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) camp will introduce students to the Engineering Design Process in a fun and hands-on way; learning it's okay to fail. Participants will brainstorm in collaborative teams to explore the wonders of zoo animals along with learning to work as a team. This camp is directed by Pam Dille, 3rd grade teacher at Baker and science curriculum leader, along with an amazing staff of camp counselors from Baker, Streams and Eisenhower.
- Monday - "Pittsburgh Mobile Zoo": Zookeepers from the Pittsburgh Zoo will kick-off the week with live, exotic animals.
- Tuesday - "Tough Habitat to Break": Students will create a habitat for their new animal and develop a Green Screen video to sell their habitat.
- Wednesday - "2 Cool for School" - Sub-zero ice cream will visit and students will be creating an Ice Cub Keeper for those silly Penguins.
- Thursday - "Hanging with the Crew at the Good Zoo" - Field trip to the Good Zoo in Wheeling.
- Friday - "Creating Critters": Presentation by the artist that designed a good portion of the Pittsburgh Zoo. Campers will conclude the week by turning Trash into Treasure and designing animals from recyclable materials.