Weather-related Delays & CancellationsEvery effort will be made to announce weather-related delays/cancellations before 6 a.m. on the day of school and, when possible, before 10 p.m. the prior evening. Changing weather and/or road conditions may necessitate a later decision or a change from a delay to a cancellation. Therefore, please continue to monitor our communication sources throughout these challenging mornings.
(Review detailed information about cancellations and two-hour delays, including the modified kindergarten schedule.)
An early dismissal will be called only in the event of an extreme emergency. Students will be dismissed only after we know that parents are aware of the event and have made plans to meet or pick up their children. Pertinent information will be shared with families through the district’s communication sources.
Communication Sources for Delays/Cancellations:
- Automated calls and emails via School Messenger: Calls are typically made before 6 a.m. The system uses the phone numbers and emails provided through Back-School-Online. If you need to update your phone number(s) and email(s), please contact your child’s school office.
- District website: www.uscsd.k12.pa.us
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/USCSchools/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/USCSchools
- Local Cable Access Channels: Comcast Channel 19 and Verizon Channel 41
- Local TV Stations (KDKA, WTAE and WPXI): Please note that the district does not control how quickly TV stations update their information on-air and online.
Our goal is to have a normal school day, when possible. Undoubtedly, we will have school on days when there is snow and/or extremely cold temperatures. Students should dress appropriately for the morning weather and, for our younger students, the possibility of outdoor recess. Thank you in advance for helping to make every day a great day for our students.
John T. Rozzo, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools