5th Grade iPad Distribution
We hope that your 2018-19 school-year is off to a great start! There are a number of exciting changes in the district at the beginning of each new year – including your child’s transition to middle school. As your now fifth grader settles in at Boyce Middle School, we want to provide you with information regarding our 1:1 Learning Initiative, which encompasses students in grades 5-12.
In this program, all students receive a district-issued iPad to support their learning both at school and at home. To kick off this program (and to give your child access to his/her device) we invite parents/guardians to the iPad distribution on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at Boyce Middle School. Plans for the evening’s activities are included below.
Agenda for Wednesday, Sept. 12
5:30 – 8 p.m.
iPad Distribution, Boyce Middle School Library
- Distribution of iPads will take place from 5:30-8 p.m. in the Library at Boyce Middle School.
- Parents/guardians are the only individuals who are permitted to pick up their child's device.
- Depending on the volume of parents who arrive at any given time, this process could take up to 30 minutes.
- To expedite this process, parents are encouraged to complete their online Insurance Protection Plan election prior to arriving.
7 – 7:30 p.m.
Informational Session, Boyce Middle School Theatre
- Building and district administrators will share key information about the 1:1 Learning Initiative from 7 – 7:30 p.m.
- We recognize that many fifth graders have older siblings already accustomed to the 1:1 program and their parents have attended one or more previous sessions. Therefore, this informational session is not mandatory, but we encourage all families new to 1:1 to attend.
- If you are unable to attend this presentation, we will provide a handout with key details regarding 1:1, and a screen-recording of this presentation on the 1:1 Learning Initiative website (stay tuned for an active link!).
- For students whose parents are unable to attend the iPad Distribution on Sept. 12, iPads will be distributed during the school day beginning Sept. 13. In order to receive his/her iPad, the student’s parents must have completed the online Technology Protection Plan Agreement (opt-in or opt-out).
We will follow up with an email reminder to fifth-grade families in the days leading up to the event, which will include a few more details about this process. If you have any questions about iPad distribution or the 1:1 Learning Initiative, please visit https://www.uscsd.k12.pa.us/Page/11230, and your inquiry will be forwarded to the appropriate individuals.