Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan
The Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan (TPP) is available for all 1:1 student devices. The TPP is OPTIONAL and is NOT required. The TPP will cover a single 1:1 device for the 2020-2021 school year – starting on July 1, 2020, and concluding on June 30, 2021.
Students are responsible for any and all damage to their 1:1 device, unless determined otherwise by the Upper St. Clair School District administration.
Items covered under the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan
- All physical components of the 1:1 device due to accidental damage
- Theft of a device (must have a police report)
Items NOT covered under the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan
- Intentional damage, abuse, or improper use/care, which results in structural damage including, but not limited to: bending, missing parts/components, dents, scratches, cracks, modifications, or disassembly of the device, etc.
- Charger, charging/power cable, case, and/or stylus
- Loss of iPad or Chromebook
**The Upper St. Clair School District will determine if damages were accidental or the result of intentional damage, abuse, or improper use/care.
The initial TPP enrollment fee is $35. Each repair requires a deductible payment as listed below.
Initial TPP Enrollment Fee
Paid to join TPP
Deductible due for the first occurrence
Deductible due for the second occurrence
Deductible due for the third occurrence
The full cost of repair or replacement of 1:1 device
**If a 1:1 device is broken four times in a school year, you will no longer be eligible for the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan and will be responsible for the full cost of the repair or replacement.**
What if I choose to NOT purchase the Technology Protection Plan?
If you elect to NOT enroll in the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan, the full repair/replacement costs of the 1:1 device are the responsibility of the student/family.
Estimated repair costs for iPad*:
- A damaged or broken iPad screen typically costs $220 or more
- A damaged headphone port, charging port or camera typically costs $70 or more
- Replacement for a lost, stolen, or unrepairable iPad typically costs $380 or more
Estimated Repair costs for Chromebook*:
- A damaged or broken display typically costs $215 or more
- A damaged keyboard or hinge typically costs $100 or more
- A damaged port typically costs $200 or more
- Replacement for a lost, stolen, or unrepairable Chromebook costs $400 or more
*1:1 devices are owned by the Upper St. Clair School District and all repairs must be completed by the district. Students must use the help desk procedures to request a repair. Parents/Students are not authorized to repair or have third parties repair any 1:1 device.
What if I am economically disadvantaged?
Please contact your child’s school counselor to ensure the required information is on file. No other action is needed to enroll in the TPP and the $35 charge will be waived.
How do I opt-in to the Technology Protection Plan?
To opt-in to the Technology Protection Plan, please purchase coverage online by clicking here. Enrollment must be completed by September 4, 2020. Damage to a 1:1 device prior to the purchase of the TPP will be ineligible for coverage and the total repair cost will be the responsibility of the student/family.
New students who enroll in the Upper St. Clair School District after September 4, 2020, will have 14 days to opt-in to the Technology Protection Plan.
If you choose to not purchase the Technology Protection Plan, damage to a 1:1 device will be ineligible for coverage and the total repair cost will be the responsibility of the student/family.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding the Technology Protection Plan, please visit: uscsd.org/1to1support