Fort Couch Athletic Announcements: 2020-21December 17th, Winter Sports Update:
The Athletic Department would like to remind you that our Fort Couch girls' basketball season is just around the corner and we are hopeful that the season will get started upon our return from winter break. Below you can view the various links so that you will be ready for the first practice on Thursday, January 7.
First Week of Practice:
Date: Thursday, January 7 - Friday, January 8th
Where: Ft Couch Gymnasium
Time: 3:20-5:00pm (parent pick-up)
Our department also wanted to remind you about submitting a complete PIAA physical to Healthy Roster. Click the link for instructions on how to navigate through Healthy Roster.
Click the link to see more information for the GIRLS BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Click the link to see COVID-19 Protocols for Winter Basketball Season 2020
- A one-time athletic fee of $50 must be paid for the 2020-21 school year. A check can be sent to Ft Couch (payable to USCSD).
- A Fort Couch uniform will be issued to each student at the start of the season and must be returned upon completion.
- SCHOOL BOARD POLICY FOR PARENT COMMUTING CHILD FROM AWAY COMPETITION: Any parent/guardian attending an away game must provide a written note to the Ft Couch office stating their interest to drive their child home from the opposing school. Approval will be granted by the Principal, Mr. Joseph Demar. This note should be given to the coach upon entering the bus for an away game. Otherwise, if this procedure is not followed correctly the athlete will be transported back to Ft Couch upon completion of the game.
Contact information for our coaches:
- 8th Grade Coach- Mrs. Caren Falascino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 7th Grade Coach- Mrs. Jennifer Cramer (email@example.com)
Hope to see you on the court!November 11th, Winter Sports Update:There will be an in-person/remote meeting for any 7th or 8th-grader interested in competing on our Fort Couch Wrestling Team. The meeting will be held in room 138 (near the team 2 hallway) at 3:00 tomorrow, November 12th. If you are in hybrid group A or a remote student, use the following link to access the meeting: meet.google.com/xht-jdzr-sqh. During this meeting, we are going to determine how many interested wrestlers we have and the process to get signed registered on Healthy Roster.October 19th, Winter Sports Update:There will be an in-person/remote meeting for any 7th or 8th-grade boy interested in playing for our Fort Couch Travel Basketball Team. The meeting will be hosted by the varsity head coach, Danny Holzer, and will be held in the LGI on Tuesday, Oct. 20, at 3:00 (period 8). If you are in hybrid group B or a remote student use the following link to access the meeting: meet.google.com/xht-jdzr-sqh. Click the link below to access more information on tryouts.If you are not interested in the Fort Couch Travel team, then click below for information on our in-house rec program, the Fort Couch BasketBallers.Informational letter for the travel program and the Fort Couch BasketBallers program.September 3rd, Fall Sports Update:At 2:00 today there will be remote athletic meetings for Girls' Volleyball and Cross Country led by our coaches. Students will be provided links through Canvas.Alot of parents have expressed concern over using the Healthy Roster App. Here are a few tips to help:
- We recommend using the website instead of the app. The website is more user friendly than the app.
- Make sure you assign your athlete a sport. To do this click on the three dots in your child's account, click on manage teams, and click the appropriate teams for the year.
- The only way to add another child to your existing account is to email the trainers at the high school. They will add them for you.
-Brittney Halbig: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Nick Beckel: email@example.com
- Parents and students must sign all appropriate forms. There were many instances of paperwork missing student signatures.
A final reminder that the sign-ups for cross-country and girls' volleyball will close this Friday. Please make sure that you sign the USC School Distict Athletic Waiver form below so that your child can participate in athletics.August 27th 2020 - Fall Season Update:Welcome back to the fall sports season! Thank you for your patience.USC School District Athletic Department Participation Waiverfor Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19:All athletes must submit the mandatory USC Athletic Waiver to participate. Access the Waiver by clicking here.Girls' Volleyball and Coed Cross Country Updates:Due to the constraints placed upon school districts by the Allegheny Health Dept. the number of people allowed within an indoor setting is 25. This may not allow us to continue our volleyball season in our normal format. We may need to move to a format where athletes will participate in a tryout to make the team. However, we will continue to have three teams to ensure the highest number of participants possibleThere are less constraints placed upon cross county since it is outdoors. However, there may be a limit on the amount of atheletes allowed to travel to away meets.If your athlete is interested playing Girls' Volleyball or Coed Cross County please sign up no later than September 4th. Due to the constraints we will not accept any late sign-ups.7th and 8th Grade FootallIf you are interested in playing football please contact Coach Erdos or Coach Nicholson asap:-8th Grade: Coach Erdos: firstname.lastname@example.org Grade: Coach Nicholson: email@example.comMandatory heat acclimation practice will begin on Tuesday, Septemeber 1st at Fort Couch. You are required to have a PIAA physical uploaded to the Healthy Roster App to particpate in the practice.-8th Grade Heat Acclimation: 3:30-5:15-7th Grade Heat Acclimation: 3:45-5:15Healthy Roster Requirements:Lastly, all athletes cannot participate in middle school sports without a PIAA physical uploaded into the Healthy Roster App. See the information below to help with the app. If you have any questions or concerns email Brittany Halbig at firstname.lastname@example.orgAugust 13th 2020 - Fall Season Start Dates:Hello, we appreciate your patience with the atheletic department. After several meetings with our league, we have agreed upon the following start dates for the Fall middle school athletic season. More information on sign-ups and meetings will follow.7th and 8th Grade Football:-Heat Acclimatization: September 1
-1st Practice Date/Equipment Handout: September 8
-1st Scrimmage Date: September 16/17
-1st Game Date: September 23/24Girls' Volleyball:-1st Scrimmage Date: September 15
-1st Game Date: September 17Coed Cross Country:-1st Scrimmage Date: September 16
-1st Game Date: September 21Boys' and Girls' Swimming:-Moving to spring season.-First Practice Date: Monday, April 5, 2020
-First Play Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2020June 1st, 2020Hello, Fort Couch athletes and parents! As the school year comes to a close we wanted to pass along some info for the upcoming athletic year. The letter below provides details on our new app that we will be using to input your physical information. There will be more updates coming out regarding sign-ups, registration fees payments, and sports meetings throughout the summer. In the meantime, I would set up your physical examination as soon as possible and get your info loaded into Healthy Roster. Thank you and enjoy your summer!
Dear USC Athletic Family:
Beginning with the upcoming 2020-21 school year, the Upper St. Clair School District will be using Allegheny Health Network Sports Medicine for all athletic training needs. One of the features AHN brings to Upper St. Clair is Healthy Roster. Healthy Roster is a free mobile website program connecting parents and coaches from Upper St. Clair with their licensed athletic trainer to improve communication and care for student-athletes.
The program is HIPPA compliant – meaning your child’s information is secure and available only to individuals you choose. Some of the changes include:
- The Upper St. Clair Athletic Department will be using this online tool to register student-athletes this year. We will no longer be using Family ID.
- Student-athletes will be required to pay the appropriate fee (see below). More information on the payment procedure will be coming.
To create a new account and get started using Healthy Roster, download Healthy Roster from the App Store (iPhone users) or Google Play (Android users) and enter the following code: PANTHERS.
-SECTION 6 must be completed by your physician and submitted on Healthy Roster.
Below are links to the Healthy Roster Training Camp website that may help as you first start to navigate Healthy Roster.
2020-21 Fort Couch Middle School Athletic Fees
- At Fort Couch, students pay a one-time $50.00 flat fee that covers all of their sports for the entire season.
- If the registration fee present a financial hardship and/or would prohibit your child’s participation, please contact Dr. Rozzo, superintendent of schools, at email@example.com so that we can assist.