Fifth graders earn top honors in math contest
Eighty Boyce Middle School fifth graders participated in the 2015-16 Pennsylvania Math League contest on April 27, 2016. Taking top honors were Chase Neponuceno, first place; Ben Wasson, second place; and, in a tie for third, Tyler Riemer and Abby Weber.
The contest consists of 30 non-routine math problems, which students must solve in just 30 minutes. In addition to the overall winners, awards were presented to the top scorers within each of the four fifth grade teams.
Team winners are as follows:Team Comet
- 1st Place (tie): Evan Grady and Lauren Starr
- 2nd Place: Andrew Xu
- 1st Place (4-way tie): Ethan Anderson, Noah Gordley, Qadir Khan and Ipsita Singh
- 1st Place: Ben Wasson
- 2nd Place (tie): Owen Damon and Nico Roth
- 3rd Place: Debbie Chu
- 1st Place: Chase Neponuceno
- 2nd Place (tie): Tyler Riemer and Abby Wagner
- 3rd Place: Ryley Carness