Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan
The Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan (TPP) is available for all 1:1 student devices. The TPP is OPTIONAL and is NOT required. The TPP will cover a single 1:1 device for the 2019-2020 school year – starting on the date the 1:1 device is received by the student and concluding at the end of the school year.
Students are responsible for any and all damage to their 1:1 device, unless determined otherwise by the Upper St. Clair School District administration.
Items covered under the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan
- All physical components of the 1:1 device due to accidental damage
- Theft of a device (must have a police report)
Items NOT covered under the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan
- Intentional damage, abuse, or improper use/care, which results in structural damage including, but not limited to bending, missing parts/components, dents, scratches, cracks, modifications or disassembly of the device, etc.
- Charger, charging/power cable, case, and/or stylus
- Loss of iPad or Chromebook
**The Upper St. Clair School District will determine if damages were accidental or the result of intentional damage, abuse or improper use/care.
The initial TPP enrollment fee is $35. Each repair requires a deductible payment as listed below.
Initial TPP Enrollment Fee
Paid to join TPP
Deductible due for first occurrence
Deductible due for second occurrence
Deductible due for third occurrence
Full cost of repair or replacement of 1:1 device
**If a 1:1 device is broken four times in a school year, you will no longer be eligible for the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan and will be responsible for the full cost of the repair or replacement.**
What if I choose to NOT purchase the Technology Protection Plan?
If you elect to NOT enroll in the Upper St. Clair School District Technology Protection Plan, the full repair/replacement costs of the 1:1 device are the responsibility of the student/family.
Estimated repair costs for iPad*:
- A damaged or broken iPad screen typically costs $220 or more
- A damaged headphone port, charging port or camera typically costs $70 or more
- Replacement for a lost, stolen, or unrepairable iPad typically costs $380 or more
Estimated Repair costs for Chromebook*:
- A damaged or broken display typically costs $215 or more
- A damaged keyboard or hinge typically costs $100 or more
- A damaged port typically costs $200 or more
- Replacement for a lost, stolen, or unrepairable Chromebook costs $400 or more
*1:1 devices are owned by the Upper St. Clair School District and all repairs must be completed by the district. Students must use the help desk procedures to request a repair. Parents/Students are not authorized to repair or have third parties repair any 1:1 device.
What if I am economically disadvantaged?
Choose "Opt-OUT" on the Technology Protection Plan online form and contact your child’s school counselor to complete the enrollment process. The $35 TPP enrollment fee will be waived.
Where do I opt-in or opt-out of the Technology Protection Plan?
ALL families must complete the online form prior to the student being able to receive his/her 1:1 device. To opt-in or opt-out of the Technology Protection Plan, please complete the online form: click here
If you have any questions/concerns regarding the Technology Protection Plan, please visit: click here
To opt-in or opt-out of the Technology Protection Plan, please click here.