April 8, 2016
Front Row Left to Right: Mrs. Haas, Sean Korpics, Ms. Krakosky, David Frauen, Mrs. Bowen, John Martin, Jessica Sibert, Mrs. Humes, Logan Reynolds, Alexis John, Mrs. Rentschler, Aicha Bellaoucha, Mrs. Krizner.
Back Row Left to Right: Mrs. Duchi, Eric Lehman, Dr. Rozzo, Mr. Beck, Mr. Robbins, Mr. Hartnett, Nicholas Wylie, Ms. Milovac, Zachary Heckler, Dr. Angelo.
10 students recognized with Deans’ Awards
Upper St. Clair High School administrators recognized 10 outstanding students with the March 2016 Deans’ Awards. The awardees and the teachers who nominated them were honored at a special breakfast on April 6, 2016.
March 2016 Deans’ Award honorees:
- Aicha Bellaoucha (grade 9): nominated by Mrs. Helen Krizner, English as a Second Language
- David Frauen (grade 10): nominated by Ms. Kelly Krakosky, World Language
- Zachary Heckler (grade 12): nominated by Ms. Lorraine Milovac, Fine & Performing Arts
- Alexis John (grade 10): nominated by Mrs. Debbie Rentschler, Library
- Sean Korpics (grade 10): nominated by Mrs. Jianina Duchi, English
- Eric Lehman (grade 11): nominated by Mrs. Amanda Haas, Mathematics
- John Martin (grade 12): nominated by Mrs. Cathy Bowen, Technical Studies
- Logan Reynolds (grade 10): nominated by Ms. Leah Humes, Social Studies
- Jessica Sibert (grade 10): nominated by Mr. Timothy Robbins, Wellness
- Nicholas Wylie (grade 10): nominated by Mr. Timothy Hartnett, Science
The monthly Deans’ Awards program was established when there were deans within the Upper St. Clair High School administration. The program is now coordinated by the high school assistant principals, Mr. Dan Beck and Mrs. Christine Mussomeli. Dr. Louis Angelo, high school principal, as well as members of the district’s central administration also attend the event in celebration and honor of the students recognized.
Staff members representing each curricular area nominate a student each month for the Deans’ Awards. Students who are nominated receive a commemorative pen and award certificate, and are recognized at the monthly Deans’ breakfast.
The following are some criteria that guide teacher nominations:
- Diligence/hard working behavior
- Positive attitude towards classmates as well as staff
- Kind, empathetic, or helpful behavior to another student
- Helpful behavior to a staff member
- Demonstrating student leadership on and off campus
- Good behavior in structured and unstructured settings