High School Girls’ Swimming 200-Medley Relay Takes First Place at WPIAL
The WPIAL Swimming Competition was held at the University of Pittsburgh on March 3 and 4. Congratulations to the High School Girls’ 200-Medley Relay Team of Maddie Yoos, Ynyra Bohan, Lindsay Choate, and Maeve Lersch for winning first place with the time of 1:44.97. The team moves on to compete in the PIAA Championship on March 16 and 17 at Bucknell University.
Students finishing in the top 8 spots and also qualifying for states include:
- Lindsay Choate - 50 Free (8th place)
- Hannah Wilding - 100 Butterfly (5th place)
- Ynyra Bohan - 100 Butterfly (7th place)
- Abby Matheny, Maeve Lersch, Hannah Wilding, Lindsay Choate - 200 Free Relay (3rd place)
- Abby Matheny - 500 Free (2nd place)
- Olivia Shaffer - 500 Free (7th place)
- Hannah Wilding - 100 Back (3rd place)
- Lindsay Choate - 100 Back (6th place)
- Maeve Lersch - 100 Back (8th place)
- Maddie Yoos - 100 Breast (3rd place)
- Abby Matheny, Olivia Shaffer, Meghan Matheny, Hannah Wilding - 400 Free Relay (3rd place)
Overall, the High School Girls’ Swim Team finished in third place at the WPIAL Competition.
Top right - Maddie Yoos, Ynyra Bohan, Lindsay Choate, and Maeve Lersch are proud of their first place finish in the Girls’ 200-Medley Relay at the WPIAL Swimming Competition.
Below - more pictures of our swimmers