Recipients of the January 2016 Deans’ Award Announced at High School
The following January 2016 High School Deans’ List awardees and nominating teachers were honored at a special Deans’ Breakfast on February 10:
- Alexander Majkic (10th grade) nominated by Mr. David Watson (English)
- Benjamin Rieker (12th grade) nominated by Ms. Erika Valentine (Fine & Performing Arts)
- Abigail Wagner (10th grade) nominated by Mr. Uwe Schneider (World Language)
- Meera Patel (12th grade) nominated by Mrs. Debbie Rentschler (Library)
- Grant Warmbein (10th grade) nominated by Mr. Jared Nicholson (Mathematics)
- Amy Chai (11th grade) nominated by Mr. Doug Petrick (Science)
- Alexander Mudry (9th grade) nominated by Mr. Ron Sivillo (Social Studies)
- Mary Elizabeth Lucas (12th grade) nominated by Mr. Doug Kirchner (Social Studies)
- Rayna Recht (10th grade) nominated by Mrs. Karen Momyer (Technical Studies)
- Melody Vissman (9th grade) nominated by Mr. Shawn Morton (Physical Education)
According to High School administration, “It is important to positively recognize students for making good choices and decisions, and to showcase students as positive role models to other students in the building.”
The award was named and established at the time when there were Deans in the High School administration.
Staff members representing each curriculum area nominate a student each month for the Deans’ list. Students who are nominated receive a commemorative pen and award certificate, and are recognized at the monthly Deans’ breakfast.
The following are some criteria that guide teacher nominations:
- Diligence/hard working behavior
- Positive attitude towards classmates as well as staff
- Kind, empathetic, or helpful behavior to another student
- Helpful behavior to a staff member
- Demonstrating student leadership on and off campus
- Good behavior in structured and unstructured settings
Click here to view additional photos
of the January Deans’ List award ceremony.
First Row (Left to Right): Ms. Christine Mussomeli, Mrs. Debbie Rentschler, Alexander Majkic, Abigail Wagner, Meera Patel, Amy Chai, Melody Vissman, Rayna Recht, Mary Elizabeth Lucas, Mr. Doug Petrick, and Ms. Erika Valentine.
Second Row (Left to Right): Dr. John Rozzo, Mr. Dan Beck, Mr. Jared Nicholson, Grant Warmbein, Alexander Mudry, Benjamin Rieker, Mr. Shawn Morton, Mrs. Karen Momyer, Mr. Doug Kirchner and Dr. Louis Angelo.
Not Pictured: Mr Uwe Schneider, Mr. Ron Sivillo and Mr. David Watson.