High School Students Named to the September 2015 "Deans’ List"
The following September 2015 High School Deans’ List awardees and nominating teachers were honored at a special Deans’ Breakfast on Tuesday, October 20:
- Benjamin Nadler (12th grade) nominated by Mr. Keith Froelich (English)
- Ammar Hoque (12th grade) nominated by Mr. Donald Pickell (Fine & Performing Arts)
- Andrew Hobart (10th grade) nominated by Mrs. Joanna Darakos (World Language)
- Emir Erisen (12th grade) nominated by Mrs. Debbie Rentschler (Library)
- Hannah Wilding (12th grade) nominated by Mr. Kevin Coffman (Mathematics)
- Alyssa Cuddy (10th grade) nominated by Mr. Bryan Bennett (Mathematics)
- Cassandra Wangler (11th grade) nominated by Mr. Tracy Smith (Science)
- Jacob Heilman (12th grade) nominated by Mr. Ben Edwards (Social Studies)
- Sarah Martin (11th grade) nominated by Mr. Timothy Robbins (Physical Education)
According to High School administration, “It is important to positively recognize students for making good choices and decisions, and to showcase students as positive role models to other students in the building.”
The award was named and established at the time when there were Deans in the High School administration.
Staff members representing each curriculum nominate a student each month for the Deans’ list. Students who are nominated receive a commemorative pen and award certificate, and are recognized at the monthly Deans’ breakfast.
The following are some criteria that guide teacher nominations:
- Diligence/hard working behavior
- Positive attitude towards classmates as well as staff
- Kind, empathetic, or helpful behavior to another student
- Helpful behavior to a staff member
- Demonstrating student leadership on and off campus
- Good behavior in structured and unstructured settings
First Row (Left to Right): Benjamin Nadler, Mrs. Tracy Smith, Cassandra Wangler, Ammar Hoque, Mrs. Joanna Darakos, Mrs. Debbie Rentschler, Hannah Wilding, Alyssa Cuddy, Sarah Martin, and Mrs. Melissa Tungate.
Second Row (Left to Right): Dr. Patrick O’Toole, Dr. Timothy Wagner, Mr. Keith Froelich, Mr. Daniel Beck, Mr. Donald Pickell, Andrew Hobart, Emir Erisen, Mr. Kevin Coffman, Mr. Bryan Bennett, Mr. Timothy Robbins, and Dr. Louis Angelo.
(Not pictured: Jacob Heilman and Mr. Ben Edwards)