Cultural Arts Summary
TO DO IN ADVANCE OF CULTURAL ARTS DAY:
(1) Contact teachers and committee members in late Winter about theme.
(2) Help in securing speakers for the day.
(3) Maintain a list of what equipment speakers will need. Share this list with head custodian.
(4) Plan, design, and set-up display case/showcase at entry of the school. This display should be set up 1-2 weeks before day.
(5) Plan and host simple luncheon for volunteers.
(6) Recruit parent volunteers as needed.
(7) Purchase “Thank You” gift cards and water bottles for speakers.
(8) Check the PTA closet for the decorations/supplies bins for your specific event.
(9) Check the paper goods bins for supplies, as well as the serving plates and utensils available on PTA closet shelves. It is also a good idea to check bottled juice and water supplies before purchasing as there are often leftovers from previous events.
(10) Replenish and/or add decorations.
(11) Divide shopping among committee members.
THE DAY OF THE CULTURAL ARTS DAY:
(1) Set up any equipment speakers may need.
(2) Deliver gift cards and waters to speakers.
(3) Pick up or manage delivery of luncheon food.
(4) Arrange and Cover tables for luncheon.
(6) Set out serving plates and bowls and paper goods.
AFTER THE EVENT: Please be sure to return all decorations to the correct bins in the PTO closet. All serving pieces, utensils and coffee pots must also be washed and returned to the PTO closet shelves. Please return all unused paper goods to the correct bin in the PTA closet.
Committee members should keep all receipts for reimbursements. Reimbursement forms can be downloaded from the school website. RECEIPTS MUST BE LABELED AND ATTACHED TO THE FORMS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE REIMBURSEMENT.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK TO HELP MAKE A WONDERFUL EVENT!!