Grade Level Social General To-Do List
Budget: number of kids x $2.00 + entertainment cost (if applicable)
TO DO IN ADVANCE OF SOCIAL:
(1) Contact committee members about social date and theme. Themes are as follows:
a. Kindergarten-“Magnificent Magic”
b. 1st-“Wild World of Animals”
c. 2nd-“Candyland Game Night”
d. 3rd-“Rodeo Roundup”
e. 4th-“Fourth Grade Farewell”
(2) Prepare flyer to invite kids and their parents to social. Sample copies of flyers for each social can be downloaded from the school website. Flyers shuld be printed at Office Depot using school copy card. Please sign out a card from Mrs. Penkrot. Remember to include an RSVP.
(3) Give flyer to Mrs. Penkrot in the office to put in the teacher mailboxes to send home with the kids about 3 weeks before the social.
(4) Check the PTO closet for the decorations/supplies bins for your specific event. Larger decorations and games should be stored near the “Grade Level Social” shelving.
(5) Check the paper goods bins for supplies, as well as the serving plates and utensils available on PTA closet shelves. It is also a good idea to check bottled juice and water supplies before purchasing as there are often leftovers from previous events.
(6) Replenish and/or add decorations.
(7) Select treats menu and favor option.
(8) Divide shopping among committee members.
(9) Order favors, specialty items, etc.
(10) Print out any handouts (CandyLand passports, Rodeo Tickets, etc.) to be distributed the night of the event.
THE NIGHT OF THE SOCIAL:
(1) Arrange and Cover tables.
(3) Set up check-in tables.
(4) Set up games in various locations.
(5) Set out serving plates and bowls and paper goods.
AFTER THE SOCIAL: Please be sure to return all decorations and games to the correct bins in the PTA closet. All serving pieces, utensils and coffee pots must also be washed and returned to the PTA closet shelves. Please return all unused paper goods to the correct bin in the PTA closet.
Committee members should keep all receipts for reimbursements. Reimbursement forms can be downloaded from the school website. RECEIPTS MUST BE LABELED AND ATTACHED TO THE FORMS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE REIMBURSEMENT.
Committees do not have to account for allergies in the social treat menu. Since an adult must attend the social with the student, the adult would have responsibility for the dietary needs of the child.
No food or drink is allowed out of Café Ike at any time.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK TO HELP MAKE A WONDERFUL NIGHT!!