Grade Level Breakfast Summary
BUDGET: number of kids + 5 x $2.50
TO DO IN ADVANCE OF BREAKFAST:
(1) Contact committee members about breakfast date and theme. Themes are as follows:
a. Kindergarten-Welcome Breakfast
b. 1st-“Rise and Shine”
c. 2nd-“Winter Wonderland”
d. 3rd-“Pittsburgh Pride”
e. 4th-“USC Panther Pride”
(2) Prepare flyer to invite kids and their parents to breakfast. Sample copies of flyers for each breakfast can be downloaded from the school website. Copies should be made through Office Depot, using the school’s copy card. Mrs. Penkrot has a card for check-out. Remember to include an RSVP. (RSVP is helpful in estimating how many people will attend – some bring entire families, while others bring just mom or dad.)
(3) Give flyer to Mrs. Penkrot in the office to put in the teacher mailboxes to send home with the kids about 2½ weeks before the breakfast.
(4) Check the PTO closet for the decorations bin for your specific event. Check the coffee and paper goods bins for supplies, as well as the serving plates and utensils available on PTO closet shelves. It is also a good idea to check bottled juice and water supplies before purchasing as there are often leftovers from previous breakfasts.
(5) Replenish and/or add decorations.
(6) Select menu (see next page for detail).
(7) Divide shopping among committee members.
(8) Order bagels (SLICED), specialty items, etc.
THE NIGHT BEFORE THE BREAKFAST:
(1) Arrange and Cover tables.
(3) Set out serving plates and bowls and paper goods (utensils, plates, napkins and cups).
(4) Set up coffee pot. Mr. Tom usually comes in early and will start the coffee pot if you ask.
THE MORNING OF THE BREAKFAST:
(1) Get bagels, ice, any special “last minute” items.
(2) Set out food.
(3) Relax and enjoy!
AFTER THE BREAKFAST: Please be sure to return all unused paper goods to the correct bin in the PTO closet. All serving pieces, utensils and coffee pots must also be washed and returned to the PTO closet shelves. It is common practice to place leftovers in the teachers’ lounge and/or custodians’ office for their enjoyment.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK TO HELP START THE MORNING OFF RIGHT!!!
Following are suggested purchases for approx. 120 RSVPs, including store and quantity. Committees are always welcome to develop their own menus
7 dozen bagels -- 5 plain, 2 sesame (SLICED)
96 - 8 oz. water bottles
1 big jug of apple juice – should be in PTA closet
10 lbs grapes
15 bags/boxes Entenmanns / Hostess mini donuts (powdered, chocolate, glazed)
Giant Eagle or Walmart
50 squeezable yogurts
2 containers half and half
5 big containers of cream cheese
1 big container of butter
1 bag of ice
Committee members should keep all receipts for reimbursements. Reimbursement forms can be downloaded from the school website. RECEIPTS MUST BE LABELED AND ATTACHED TO THE FORMS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE REIMBURSEMENT.
Committees do not have to account for allergies in the breakfast menu. Since an adult must attend the breakfast with the student, the adult would have responsibility for the dietary needs of the child.
No food or drink is allowed out of Café Ike at any time.