High School Students Chosen for April 2015 “Deans’ List”
The following April 2015 High School Deans’ List awardees and nominating teachers were honored at a special Deans’ Breakfast on May 28:
The Deans’ List award was named and established at the time when there were Deans in the High School administration. The Dean’s List was established to recognize high school students who demonstrate positive student attributes, make good choices and decisions, and who serve as role models through their attitudes and actions. Each month, staff members representing each curricular area nominate students for this recognition. Students are invited to attend a Deans’ Breakfast given in their honor where their actions are recognized. Students receive a certificate of accomplishment in addition to a commemorative pen. The student characteristics that are considered by the staff in making their nominations include the following:
- Nolan Kondrich nominated by Mrs. Jianina Duchi (English)
- William Erlanger nominated by Mr. Tim Sabram (English)
- Spencer Miller nominated by Mr. Don Pickell (Fine & Performing Arts)
- Allison Mesinere nominated by Mrs. Junko Kapples (World Language)
- Victoria Tepe nominated by Mrs. Janine Despines (Library)
- Sarah Kerman nominated by Mrs. Emily Alloway (Mathematics)
- Edward Sitar nominated by Mrs. Shannon Strayer (Mathematics)
- Grace Eden nominated by Mr. Timothy Hartnett (Science)
- John Benhart nominated by Dr. Colin Syme (Science)
- Yusef MacIsaac nominated by Mrs. Leah Humes (Social Studies)
- Lydia Wilding nominated by Mr. Shawn Morton (Wellness)
- Diligence and perseverance in school work
- Positive attitudes towards classmates and teachers
- Kindness and empathy for fellow classmates
- Helpfulness to teachers and staff
- Leadership on and off campus
- Exemplary behavior
These were students nominated for the April 2015 Deans’ List recognized at the breakfast held on May 28.
First Row (Left to Right): Ms. Christine Mussomeli, John Benhart, William Erlanger, Edward Sitar, Victoria Tepe, Lydia Wilding, Spencer Miller, Yusef MacIsaac, Grace Eden, Allison Mesinere, Nolan Kondrich and Sarah Kerman.
Second Row (Left to Right): Dr. Louis Angelo, Mrs. Emily Alloway, Mr. Donald Pickell, Mr. Shawn Morton, Mrs. Leah Humes, Mr. Tim Hartnett, Dr. Colin Syme and Mrs. Junko Kapples.