All 7th-12th graders are invited to submit works of art of writing to the 2018-19 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards contest.
We have had many winning submissions in the past and would like to continue the tradition this year. To enter the writing contest, please visit https://www.artandwriting.org/affiliate/PA005W/ To enter the art contest, please visit https://www.artandwriting.org/affiliate/PA002A/.
Please see Arts in USC Contest Flier for more details. Any questions? Email email@example.com. Good luck and happy creating!!
Congratulations to our 2017-2018 Scholastic Arts and Writing Contest Winners!ART:Fort CouchSydney Kirk
Honorable Mention for "Morning Mist" (Category: Photography)
Honorable Mention for "Pigged Out" (Category: Photography)
Honorable Mention for "Three Little Birds" (Category: Photography)Alex LeKachman
Gold Key for "Autumn Trail" (Category: Painting)
Honorable Mention for "Curiosities" (Category: Painting)
Gold Key for "Into the Woods" (Category: Photography)
Silver Key for "The Bean" (Category: Photography)WRITING:
Congratulations to the following students who placed first in the 2016-2017 Arts in USC "This Is My World" contest!
- Annika Chaves, Upper St. Clair High School, Silver Key for “An Unwanted Question” - Poetry
- Sarah Besser, Upper St. Clair High School, Honorable Mention for “A Phone Call Never Placed” - Personal Essay/Memoir
- Markella Jahn, Ft. Couch Middle School (gr. 7), Silver Key for “The Wish” - Short Story
- Himani Karia, Ft. Couch Middle School (gr. 8), Honorable Mention for “Battle of Ambivalence” - Personal Essay/Memoir
- Julia Roeschenthaler, Ft. Couch Middle School (gr. 8), Honorable Mention for “Time” - Poetry
- Julia Roeschenthaler, Ft. Couch Middle School (gr. 8), Silver Key for “The Significance of Man” - Poetry
- Kindergarten: Hadley Menzies - "Hadley's World" (Baker)
- 1st grade: Sydney Nash - "Upper Sweet Clair" (Eisenhower)
- 2nd grade: Anelise Castrodale - "My World" (Eisenhower)
- 3rd grade: Lauren Ginsburg - "My Colorful, Peaceful World" (Streams)
- 4th grade: Sofia Pfaltzgraff - "Through My Eyes" (Streams)
This art contest was offered to USC students in kindergarten through 6th grade. Students were asked to create an original 2D piece of art that expressed what “This Is My World” meant to him/her.Saturday April 1, 2017 ALL ARTWORK SUBMITTED TO THE CONTEST was displayed at the Arts & Chocolate Spectacular held at the Boyce Mayview CRC ("the rec").
All of our young artists were very creative, unique and talented! Thank you all for participating and making "This Is My World" a success! We couldn't do it without you!
Congratulations to our 2016-2017 Scholastic Arts and Writing Contest Winners!
High School Awards
- Liam Carse - Silver Key
- Vivian Li - Silver Key, Gold Key
- Serena Luo - Silver Key
- Lauren Teresi - 5 Silver Key, Honorable Mention
Ft. Couch Middle School Awards
- Antara Cleetus - Silver Key
- Sydney Kirk - Silver Key
- Katherine Li - Honorable Mention
- Jaron Maine - Gold Key
- Manjiri Palayekar - Silver key
Gold Key and Silver Key artwork will be on display at the Pittsburgh Art Regional exhibition from Saturday, Feb. 4 through Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017, at LaRoche College. The exhibit is open to the public from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Gold Key, Silver Key and Honorable Mention award winners – will be recognized at an awards ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 19. The closing celebration begins at 12:30 p.m. with music entertainment and refreshments. The award ceremony begins at 2 p.m., in the Kerr Sports & Fitness Center at LaRoche College.ATTENTION ALL HIGH SCHOOL ARTISTS AND WRITERS
Please click here for information on entering this year's Scholastic Art and Writing Contest!
Entry fees for the first 10 high school students will be reimbursed by the Parent Teacher Council Arts in USC Committee. Good luck to all participants!
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 - 2016The USC Parent Teacher Council is pleased to announce the winner for the Arts in USC logo contest. All students grades K - 12 were eligible to submit an entry for the logo contest this past summer and fall. Thank you to all the students who submitted logo designs. Congratulations to Dina Leyzarovich, a 9th grader at the high school, for her creative design that will represent the Arts in USC committee.Here a few happenings the Arts in USC committee has facilitated and are looking forward to facilitating this school year through the USC Parent Teacher Council:
*The Fort Couch PTSO sponsored art contest thru the Scholastic Arts and Writing Contest winners were just announced.
Please look for e-alerts for information on the upcoming art contests for the following grade levels:
*Elementary students K-4 will have the opportunity to participate in "Tell Me A Story", the district wide elementary level art contest.
*Boyce students will have the opportunity to participate in the Pennsylvania American Water's "Protect Our Watersheds" Art Contest.
*High school students will participate in the Congressional Art Competition.
Thank you again to all our logo design contestants, and a huge congratulations to Dina!
--The Arts in USC Committee