High School Students Chosen for February 2015 “Deans’ List”
The following February 2015 High School Deans’ List awardees and nominating teachers were honored at a special Deans’ Breakfast on March 11:
The Dean’s List was established to recognize high school students who demonstrate positive student attributes, make good choices and decisions, and who serve as role models through their attitudes and actions. Each month, staff members representing each curricular area nominate students for this recognition. Students are invited to attend a Deans’ Breakfast given in their honor where their actions are recognized. Students receive a certificate of accomplishment in addition to a commemorative pen. The student characteristics that are considered by the staff in making their nominations include the following:
- Benjamin Turner Queen nominated by Mrs. Giulia Gouker (English)
- Mary Elizabeth Lucas nominated by Mrs. Sarah Susa (English)
- Sarah Seitanakis nominated by Mrs. Estelle Luck (Fine & Performing Arts)
- Nicholas Toosi nominated by Mrs. Joanna Darakos (World Language)
- Dennis Fischer nominate by Mrs. Brooke Szajnecki (World Language)
- John Wallace nominated by Mrs. Janine Despines (Library)
- Garrett Blake nominated by Mr. Kevin Coffman (Mathematics)
- Taylor Bartusiak nominated by Mr. Chad Erbrecht (Mathematics)
- Riley Kelly nominated by Mrs. Tracey Smith (Science)
- Brianne Joyner nominated by Mr. Dan Zelenski (Social Studies)
- Cassandra Wangler nominated by Mrs. Karen Momyer (Technical Studies)
Pictured are the students nominated for the February 2015 Deans’ List recognized at the breakfast held on March 11.First Row (Left to Right): Ms. Christine Mussomeli, Taylor Bartusiak, Sarah Seitanakis, Mrs. Estelle Luck, Riley Kelly, John Wallace, Turner Queen, Brianne Joyner, Cassandra Wangler, Mary Liz Lucas, Mrs. Sarah Susa, and Mr. Dan Beck.
- diligence and perseverance in school work,
- positive attitudes towards classmates and teachers,
- kindness and empathy for fellow classmates,
- helpfulness to teachers and staff,
- leadership on and off campus, and
- exemplary behavior.
Second Row (Left to Right):. Dr. Louis Angelo, Mr. Chad Erbrecht, Mrs. Giulia Gouker, Mrs. Tracy Smith, Mrs. Janine Despines, Mrs. Karen Momyer, Mr. Kevin Coffman, and Garrett Blake.
Not pictured: Mr. Dan Zelenski, Mrs. Joanna Darakos, Nicholas Toosi and Dennis Fischer