Boyce Mathematicians “Sum Up” Numerous Awards in Math Competition On Tuesday, February 24, Boyce Middle School conducted the annual Pennsylvania Mathematics League (PML) Grade 6 competition. After several weeks of completing practice tests and discussing answers and solutions, over 100 students gathered in the nutrition center and spent thirty minutes solving 35 non-routine math problems.
Prizes were awarded in the following categories:
- Fifth Graders Studying 6th Grade Math: 1st Place - Keya Loding; 2nd place (tie) - Bear Bottonari and Sophie Chen
- Sixth Graders Studying Algebra I: 1st Place – Christian Chiu (highest overall score of 34 out of 35!)
- Sixth Graders Studying Pre-Algebra: 1st Place (tie) – Buddy Goodwin and Jenny Huo; 2nd Place (tie) Grace Suter and Henry Zou
- Sixth Graders Studying 6th Grade Math: 1st Place (tie) – Sadhana Boddhula and Ben Bacdayan; 2nd Place (5-way tie) Zain Aizooky, Casey Barker, Donovan Kohler, Lauren Korpics and Ishaan Shah; 3rd Place (6-way tie) – Topher Bishop, Vanessa Rainier, Kyle Ralyea, Michael Safko, Sammi Seewald and Jason Zhang
- Team Champs (highest scorer on each of the sixth grade teams): Team Predator (tie) Lauren Korpics and Donovan Kohler; Team Energy: Casey Barker; Team Wind: Sadhana Boddhula; Team Fire: Ben Bacdayan; Team Solar Power: Michael Safko