As my student and member of our team, you are expected to…
- do your homework every night. You get to decide what you do, but you must do at least twenty to thirty minutes every night.
- accept the fact that failure is part of success. Some of your best lessons will be learned when you don’t get it right the first time.
- help your teammates whenever possible. Chances are you’ll need their help too at some point.
- only compare yourself to yourself. Comparing yourself to your friends and classmates will only make you jealous or complacent. Work hard each day to make sure you are a better student when you leave the room than when you entered it.
- push for excellence. The good is always the enemy of the best.
- come ready to work each day. You don’t always have to be happy in class, but do your best to make the most of the time you have.
As your teacher, you can expect me to…
- work as hard as I can each day to make sure you and your classmates are growing as students.
- help you when you don’t understand something no matter how far ahead or behind you are.
- return assignments to you as quickly as possible with feedback on what you did wrong (if anything).
- communicate with your parents when improvements need to be made.
- hold you accountable for your mistakes.
- do my best to help you to grow as a person and not just as a student.