Computer and Internet UsageThe computer rights, privileges, and responsibilities for students are spelled out in the Student Handbook. Reference can also be made to the Board Policy 3027 - Use of the District's Internet and Computer Networks.A brief summary of the rules follows. Please consult the student handbook for more details.
- Student access to the Internet through the school district’s computers and network exists to support the district’s educational responsibilities and mission statement.
- Use of the school district’s network and the Internet must be consistent with the school district’s educational goals and objectives, and Internet use must be for purposes consistent with approved curriculum and in accordance with the school district’s Internet Guidelines and Rules for Users.
- Use of the school district network or the Internet for illegal purposes of any kind is not permitted.
- Use of the school district network or the Internet to view or transmit threatening, obscene or harassing materials is not allowed. The school district will not be held responsible if I participate in such activities.
- Use of the school district network or the Internet to interfere with or disrupt network users services or equipment is not permitted. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer worms or viruses, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the network.