Here's a look at what we will be learning in...
Dates to Remember
September 3-4th: Welcome Back! - Remote Transition Days
September 7th: Labor Day - No School
September 8th - 1st Day of School
September 4th -
September 10-12th -
September 22nd - Autumnal Equinox
* We will discuss, learn, and apply what it means to be a good reader.
* We will review and further understand three of the "Big Ideas" in reading.
* We will start our first novels within the Guided Reading framework.
1. Group 1: To be determined
2. Group 2: To be determined
* Reviewing types of sentences and their correct punctuation
* Subjects and predicates in simple, complex, and compound sentences
* Sentence fragments and run-ons
* Parts of speech: nouns, verbs, adjective, and adverbs
* We will begin to discuss the characteristics and challenges of writing a narrative.
* The students will begin work with Topic 1: Multiplication & Division-Meanings and Facts.
* Topic 2 deals with Generating and Analyzing Patterns (we will be regrouping for this topic).
* XtraMath (letters will go home the first week of school)
* We will begin our science year learning about Electric Circuits.