Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)A Committee of Parent Teacher CouncilUpper St. Clair School District
GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) is a committee of Upper St. Clair PT Council, whose objective is to provide information and support to parents of gifted and academically talented students in the district. This is a parent group.
This committee will work with local PTA/PTO/PTSO units, parents, staff members and school administrators to promote understanding, provide support, and schedule programs on subjects that relate to special education needs of gifted and academically talented students as per Chapter 16 regulations.
The committee is not designed to advocate for individual students or situations.
The goals of the committee are to:
- Inform Council and local PTA/PTO/PTSO units of the issues pertaining to gifted and academically talented students in the school district, state, and nation.
- Inform parents about:
- Chapter 16 regulations and trends relating to gifted education in Pennsylvania,
- Gifted education resources, books, websites, conferences, etc.,
- Opportunities for gifted children and their parents,
- How to access services for their gifted children.
(The committee is not designed to advocate for individual students or situations.)
- Establish a partnership with the school district to continuously improve gifted education to meet student needs.
- Select topics and arrange speakers each year for programs on gifted education-related issues in conjunction with the school district and TIE committee of Council.
- Publicize the accomplishments of gifted students in the school district.
Penney Miller, email@example.com
*If you are interested in receiving e-alerts from GATE please be certain to check the "PT Council" box under "Organizations" under subscriptions on your USC account.
We are currently scheduling programs and speakers for GATE. Please check back for updates to our program schedule.