Parents may contact the counselor with any questions or concerns.
They may also check out these useful sites:
Magee Women's Hospital offers great courses for parents and children on healthy family topics. Check out their class schedule by clicking here and then click on healthy families. Growing up Together with Daughters or Growing Up Together with Sons are great workshops for families of elementary and middle school students.
Girls on the Run is a life-changing,
non-profit prevention program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grades. Their mission is "to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of
self-respect and healthy living." click here for more information:
National Family Partnership offers families information on drug and alcohol prevention. Please click here for more information.
Top 5 Ways to be a GREAT Parent:
1. Be a good role model for your child.
2. Stay involved in your child's life both academically and socially.
3. Show respect for your child's suggestions, thoughts and feelings.
4. Build your child's self-esteem by showing appreciation for all genuine efforts.
5. Think positively and expect the best! You & your child will achieve your goals!