1. Gather all materials needed.
2. Set your mind to study.
• Intend to have focused, effective study time.
• Set realistic goals to be met during the study session.
• Become actively involved.
3. Set priorities for assignments.
• Create a "to-do" list for each study block and assign a priority for each
assignment to be completed.
• Map out a time line.
4. Warm up your brain.
• Take 1-5 minutes to warm up your mind.
• Be sure you understand the assignment/requirements for the subject.
• Review familiar material first.
• Apply knowledge of how you learn to warm up and study.
5. Take a break.
• Take a 5-10 minute break for every 30-45 minute study period.
• Take a short break when switching subjects/topics.