Nov. 30, 2022
Six named to November Deans’ List
Upper St. Clair High School administrators named six outstanding students to the monthly Deans’ List. Honorees and the teachers who nominated them were recognized at a special breakfast event on Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022.
November Deans’ List honorees include:
- Gianni Disora, grade 10: nominated by Mr. Tim Robbins, Health & Wellness
- Kate Fiori, grade 12: nominated by Mr. Ron Sivillo, Social Studies
- Priyasha Itani, grade 11: nominated by Ms. Joanna Darakos, World Language
- Devesh Jani, grade 9: nominated by Ms. Robyn Smigel, Art
- Lauren Pocrass, grade 9: nominated by Ms. Shannon Strayer, Math
- Mark Torres, grade 9: nominated by Mrs. Laura Carlino, Science
The monthly Deans’ List program was established when there were deans within the Upper St. Clair High School administration. The program is now coordinated by the high school assistant principals, Dr. Dan Beck and Ms. Cara Senger.
Staff members representing each curricular area nominate a student each month for the Deans’ List. In addition to being recognized at the monthly event, students who are nominated receive a small token of appreciation, award certificate and a copy of the letter written by their faculty nominator.
Upper St. Clair High School promotes the growth and development of five Social Emotional Learning competencies. Teachers use this framework to nominate students who demonstrate any of the following:
- Self-Awareness: the ability to recognize one’s own emotions, thoughts and values, and how they influence behavior.
- Social Awareness: the ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Self-Management: the ability to successfully regulate one’s emotions, thoughts and behaviors in different situations; effectively managing stress, controlling impulses and motivating others.
- Relationship Skills: the ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Responsible Decision-Making: the ability to make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety concerns and social norms.