Oct. 14, 2022
Musicians selected to PMEA bands
Several Upper St. Clair High School musicians were recently selected by competitive audition for the 2022 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 1 Honors Band and PMEA District 1 Band Festival (West).
PMEA District 1 Honors Band:
- Isaac Bernstein, grade 11 – percussion
- Leah Henning, grade 12 – clarinet
- Jacob Higgs, grade 10 – French horn
- Brian McFerran, grade 11 – trombone
- Gabe Pacella, grade 11 – trumpet
- Carlee Santel, grade 10 – trumpet (alternate)
- Abby Smith, grade 10 – tenor saxophone (alternate)
- Lauren Tenney, grade 11 – clarinet
- Ben Wasson, grade 12 – bass trombone
The PMEA District 1 Honors Band Festival will be held Nov. 18-20 at North Hills High School. PMEA District 1 includes more than 100 high schools from Allegheny, Fayette, Green, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
PMEA District 1 Band Festival (West):
- Isaac Bernstein, grade 11: Percussion
- Leah Henning, grade 12: Clarinet 2
- Jacob Higgs, grade 10: French Horn 2
- Brian McFerran, grade 11: Trombone 3
- Gabe Pacella, grade 11: Trumpet 1
- Carlee Santel, grade 10: Trumpet 3
- Lauren Tenney, grade 11: Clarinet 1
- Ben Wasson, grade 12: Bass Trombone
The PMEA District 1 Band Festival (West) is scheduled for Feb. 10-11, 2023, at Trinity High School. PMEA District 1 (West) is comprised of 55 high schools.
Upper St. Clair High School band students are taught by Dr. John Seybert, Performing Arts curriculum leader and director of bands.
PMEA is a statewide nonprofit organization of more than 4,500 members, dedicated to promoting the musical development of all Pennsylvanians. The organization promotes and supports quality music education, learning and performance as well as promoting and supporting music education in schools and communities. PMEA is affiliated with The National Association for Music Education.