Sept. 28, 2022
Seven named to September Deans’ List
Upper St. Clair High School administrators named seven outstanding students to the monthly Deans’ List. Honorees and the teachers who nominated them were recognized at a special breakfast event on Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022.
September Deans’ List honorees include:
- Zach Ehasz, grade 12: nominated by Dr. Torquato, Social Studies
- Nic Gualtieri, grade 12: nominated by Ms. Wagner and Ms. Caprini, Student Services
- Rebecca Lang, grade 12: nominated by Ms. Milovac, Fine & Performing Arts
- Phillip Markovitz, grade 12: nominated by Mr. Peskorski, Technology Education
- Adrianna Perella, grade 11: nominated by Ms. Ramsey, World Language
- Rohit Sattuluri, grade 11: nominated by Mr. Miller, Math
- Sarai Villafana Hernandez, grade 12: nominated by Mrs. Bossart, Student Services
The monthly Deans’ List program was established when there were deans within the Upper St. Clair High School administration. The program is now coordinated by the high school assistant principals, Dr. Dan Beck and Ms. Cara Senger.
Staff members representing each curricular area nominate a student each month for the Deans’ List. In addition to being recognized at the monthly event, students who are nominated receive a small token of appreciation, award certificate and a copy of the letter written by their faculty nominator.
Upper St. Clair High School promotes the growth and development of five Social Emotional Learning competencies. Teachers use this framework to nominate students who demonstrate any of the following:
- Self-Awareness: the ability to recognize one’s own emotions, thoughts and values, and how they influence behavior.
- Social Awareness: the ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Self-Management: the ability to successfully regulate one’s emotions, thoughts and behaviors in different situations; effectively managing stress, controlling impulses and motivating others.
- Relationship Skills: the ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Responsible Decision-Making: the ability to make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety concerns and social norms.