2021-22 Kindergarten registration to be held online
Registration for incoming Upper St. Clair kindergarten students will be held online for the 2021-22 school year. The registration portal is expected to open by late February. To receive email notification when the kindergarten registration portal launches, complete this brief online form.
With the move to online registration, families do not need to pick-up registration packets at the schools.
Each school will host a Kindergarten Welcome event later this spring for registered families. Details of the event will depend upon conditions at that time. Elementary principals hope to offer a meet-and-greet with teachers and staff as well as distribution of kindergarten readiness materials. Principals will communicate details to registered families via email later this spring.
Kindergarten Orientation is traditionally held the first student day of the new school year. The 2021-22 school year gets underway on Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021. Orientation, which students attend with their parent or caregiver, will provide opportunities for incoming kindergarten students to become familiar with their new classrooms and teachers. During this scheduled time, students will also complete a variety of readiness screenings and activities.
Students registering for kindergarten must be 5 years of age by Sept. 1, 2021, to be enrolled for the 2021-22 school year. Proof of residency within the Upper St. Clair School District is required for enrollment.
Upper St. Clair School District operates a half-day kindergarten program. The morning program is from 8:15 – 10:55 a.m. and the afternoon program is from 12:05 – 2:45 p.m. Before and after school programs are offered at each elementary school through Extended Day Services.
Incoming kindergarten families may elect to apply for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP), which is offered at Streams Elementary. PYP serves students in kindergarten through grade 4. Due to space limitations, preference is given to students whose home school is Streams and/or those with siblings already enrolled in the program. A wait list is maintained annually. The deadline to apply for PYP is Friday, April 30, 2021.
Families in the Streams attendance area who do not wish to enroll in PYP may elect to have their child attend Baker Elementary. The deadline for Streams parents to select Baker is also Friday, April 30, 2021.
Questions regarding kindergarten registration may be directed to the respective elementary principal or Mrs. Terri Lott, registration coordinator, at 412-833-1600, ext. 2283 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Late February: Kindergarten Registration Portal opens
- May/June: Kindergarten Welcome event at each school
- July: Email notification of AM/PM assignment
- August: Notification of teacher assignment, bus information, sign-up for kindergarten orientation appointment/readiness screening
- Baker Elementary: 412-833-1600 ext. 4000
- Eisenhower Elementary: 412-833-1600 ext. 8000
- Streams Elementary: 412-833-1600 ext. 6000
- For general registration questions, contact Terri Lott, registration coordinator, at email@example.com
or call 412-833-1600 ext. 2283
- Elementary attendance map
- 2021-22 School Calendar
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (located at Streams Elementary)
- Extended Day Services
- Volunteer Clearances
Things you can do NOW to prepare for kindergarten:
- Download the 2021-22 School Calendar
- Gather registration documents (you will upload a digital image within the registration portal):
- Proof of the child's birth date is required but it can be in the form of a birth certificate (original not required), baptismal certificate, passport or notarized affidavit of birth
- Two (2) proofs of residency (settlement statement/lease agreement, tax/utility bill, driver's license)
- Download and fill out the Child Development Inventory
- Schedule health appointments (physical and dental forms can be dated from Aug. 1, 2020-start of school):
- Subscribe to the district’s eAlerts.
- Like/Follow the district on social media @uscschools (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Complete your volunteer clearances so that (if conditions allow) you can volunteer in our schools and classrooms. Volunteer clearances are valid for five years.