2021-22 ONLINE Kindergarten registration now open
- Step 1: Gather your documentation (see below)
- Step 2: Review instructions for online kindergarten registration
- Step 3: Register your incoming kindergarten student
Before starting the registration process
Please make sure you have the following documents ready to be uploaded (PDF or Photo format) into this form:
- Proof of Residency
Two proofs of residency are required. Acceptable documentation includes the following with the current street address: a deed, a lease, current utility bill, current credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, driver’s license, Department of Transportation identification card.
- Proof of child's age
Any one of the following constitutes acceptable documentation: birth certificate; notarized copy of birth certificate; baptismal certificate; copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth; notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth; a valid passport; a prior school record indicating the date of birth.
- Immunizations required by law
If you do not have your immunizations at this time, you can still complete the registration process. Your child will not be permitted to enter school without the required immunizations or proper exemption documentation. Please make sure the school nurse has these records before the start of school. For more information visit: https://www.uscsd.k12.pa.us/Page/121
Acceptable documentation includes: either the child’s immunization record, a written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered, or that a required series is in progress, or verbal assurances from the former school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow.
Questions regarding registration may be directed to the respective principal or Mrs. Terri Lott, registration coordinator, at 412-833-1600, ext. 2283 or via email email@example.com.
Each school will host a Kindergarten Welcome event later this spring for registered families. Details of the event will depend upon conditions at that time. Elementary principals hope to offer a meet-and-greet with teachers and staff as well as distribution of kindergarten readiness materials. Principals will communicate details to registered families via email later this spring.
Kindergarten Orientation is traditionally held the first student day of the new school year. The 2021-22 school year gets underway on Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021. Orientation, which students attend with their parent or caregiver, will provide opportunities for incoming kindergarten students to become familiar with their new classrooms and teachers. During this scheduled time, students will also complete a variety of readiness screenings and activities.
The following information can be turned in at these events (note that physical and dental forms can be dated from Aug. 1, 2020 - start of school):
- March: Kindergarten Registration Portal opens
- May/June: Kindergarten Welcome event at each school
- July: Email notification of AM/PM assignment
- August: Notification of teacher assignment, bus information, sign-up for kindergarten orientation appointment/readiness screening
- Baker Elementary: 412-833-1600 ext. 4000
- Eisenhower Elementary: 412-833-1600 ext. 8000
- Streams Elementary: 412-833-1600 ext. 6000
- For general registration questions, contact Terri Lott, registration coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412-833-1600 ext. 2283
- Elementary attendance map
- 2021-22 School Calendar
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (located at Streams Elementary)
- Extended Day Services
- Volunteer Clearances
About kindergarten in Upper St. Clair
Students registering for kindergarten must be 5 years of age by Sept. 1, 2021, to be enrolled for the 2021-22 school year. Proof of residency within the Upper St. Clair School District is required for enrollment.
Upper St. Clair School District operates a half-day kindergarten program. The morning program is from 8:15 – 10:55 a.m. and the afternoon program is from 12:05 – 2:45 p.m. Before and after school programs are offered at each elementary school through Extended Day Services.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP)
Incoming kindergarten families may elect to apply for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP), which is offered at Streams Elementary. PYP serves students in kindergarten through grade 4. Due to space limitations, preference is given to students whose home school is Streams and/or those with siblings already enrolled in the program. A wait list is maintained annually. The deadline to apply for PYP is Friday, April 30, 2021.
Families in the Streams attendance area who do not wish to enroll in PYP may elect to have their child attend Baker Elementary. The deadline for Streams parents to select Baker is also Friday, April 30, 2021.
Questions about the PYP program can be sent to:
Primary Years Program (PYP) Coordinator
Mrs. Katie Hendrickson, Streams Elementary School
email@example.com | 412-833-1600 ext. 6038
Things you can do NOW to prepare for kindergarten:
- Download the 2021-22 School Calendar
- Schedule health appointments (physical and dental forms can be dated from Aug. 1, 2020-start of school)
- Subscribe to the district’s eAlerts.
- Like/Follow the district on social media @uscschools (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Complete your volunteer clearances so that (if conditions allow) you can volunteer in our schools and classrooms. Volunteer clearances are valid for five years.
- Review information for applying for Free/Reduced Price School Meals