USCHS Mentoring ProgramMISSION STATEMENT:Building relationships, Promoting Student Success, Fostering Genuine Concern.We got your back!WHAT IS A PEER MENTOR:A Peer Mentor is a junior student who is assigned to a freshman homeroom. The peer mentor serves as a support and resource person who provides information, encouragement, and support during a student's first year at Upper St. Clair High School. It is the goal that the mentoring relationship will enhance the new student's transition to Upper St. Clair High School.USCHS MENTORING PROGRAM GOALS:
- Promote caring and supportive mentoring relationships between new students and upper class students within Upper St. Clair High School.
- Extend the transition process from middle school to high school by providing necessary information to freshman students.
- Provide feedback to help freshman students achieve their goals.
- Encourage involvement in the Upper St. Clair High School community.
- The program will be explained during a sophomore class meeting in March.
- Applications will be available to the sophomore students at that time.
- Applications will be reviewed by a team and students will be informed in April if they have been chosen to be a mentor.
MENTOR RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Approximately 60 students will be selected for the program.
- Two full days of mentor training in May (during school hours)
- Attend Simulation Day to assist rising freshman students in navigating the building
- Weekly meetings during home room time with freshman students
- Attend one large group activity per semester with freshman students
Mentor Field Day 2019