May 13, 2020
Parent Teacher Council names 2019-20 Honorary Awardees
The Upper St. Clair Parent Teacher Council recently announced its 2019-20 Honorary Awardees. Colette LeKachman, a parent volunteer, and Dan O’Rourke, Boyce Middle School principal, are this year’s honorees.
Each year the PTC honors two outstanding individuals for their service and commitment to the district and its volunteer organizations. Candidates are selected for their continued service and for going above and beyond with efforts that have helped Upper St. Clair students, families and the PTC/PTO/PTA/PTSO organizations.
Mrs. LeKachman is the PTC’s outgoing committee chair for the Spelling Bee. Mr. O’Rourke has served as the Boyce Middle School principal since 2016.
“These individuals have added many things to their already full plates for the betterment of the schools, students and the district,” PTC President Batool Nawala, said.
Honorees are typically announced and recognized at the May meeting of the PTC. Due to the current extended school closure, Mrs. LeKachman and Mr. O’Rourke will be formally recognized by the PTC in the fall.
PTC Honorary Awardees:
- 2019-20: Colette LeKachman, community volunteer, and Dan O’Rourke, Boyce Middle School principal
- 2018-19: Alison Hess, community volunteer, and Brooke Tarcson, activities coordinator
- 2017-18: Stacie de la Parra, community volunteer, and Michelle Zirngibl, SHOP@USC coordinator
- 2016-17: Amy Billerbeck, community volunteer, and Tina Vojtko, communications specialist
- 2015-16: Leanne Adamo, community volunteer, and Joe Connors, chief of school police
- 2014-15: Chrissy Sileo, community volunteer, and Mary Ann Stabile, executive assistant to the superintendent