Oct. 2, 2019
Schedule of events for the Halls of Fame - Friday, Oct. 4, 2019
- 4:00 p.m. Reception in the Theater Lobby and Tours of the High School
- 4:45 p.m. Induction Ceremony and Dinner in the LGI
- 7:00 p.m. Parade of Honor to Panther Stadium
- 7:30 p.m. Kick-off – USC vs. Mt. Lebanon
Aug. 29, 2019
Halls of Fame to welcome 11 new inductees
Eleven individuals have been selected for induction into the Upper St. Clair High School Halls of Fame. Nine alumni and two retired teachers/coaches will be honored at the annual induction ceremony and recognized at the Upper St. Clair football game on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019.
The 2019 Halls of Fame inductees include:
Academic Hall of Fame:
- Akshaya Kumar Chakravarthy, Class of 2004
- Dennis Chao, Class of 1990
- Dominick Frollini, Retired Teacher & Coach
- Elizabeth Wellington Jeffords, Class of 1991
- Melanie Wellington, Class of 1986
Arts Hall of Fame:
- Sean McDowell, Class of 1973
- Emily Reason, Class of 1998
Athletic Hall of Fame:
- Nimit Bansal, Class of 1988
- Peter Coughlin, Class of 2013
- Jim Render, Retired Teacher & Coach
- Thomas Steve, Class of 2014
The Halls of Fame event will begin with a 4 p.m. reception in the high school’s theatre lobby, followed by the induction ceremony and dinner at 4:45 p.m. in the large group instruction room.
Attendance to the Halls of Fame Induction Ceremony is free and open to the public. The cost to attend the dinner is $15 per person (checks should be made payable to Upper St. Clair School District). Download the invitation from the district’s website. RSVP to Nancy Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
The celebration concludes with a Parade of Honor to Panther Stadium, where the members of the Halls of Fame will be introduced to the community prior to the Upper St. Clair vs. Mt. Lebanon High School football game, which kicks-off at 7:30 p.m.
Founded in 2000, the Upper St. Clair Halls of Fame honors those who have distinguished themselves in academics, the arts, or athletics at the high school, collegiate or professional level and who, in so doing, have contributed to the pride and prestige of Upper St. Clair High School.