The Community Based Learning Program is an experiential learning activity for juniors and seniors. The goals of the program are to:
- provide students with first-hand experience in an identified work place;
- develop in students a sense of responsibility and confidence; and
- allow students to explore careers of interest at this time.
Career interests could be in the professions, in the arts, in commerce, or in public service. Students are assigned a split schedule. Part of the day is spent in the classroom on academics and part of the day is spent in the community at an on-site learning station; the amount of time in each setting is determined by the needs of the individual student. Coordination and transportation is the responsibility of the student and family.
Community Based Learning Resources:
- Program of Studies Video
- General Information
- Participant Agreement Form
- Requirements for Completion
- Personal Statement Form
- Activities Record
- Mid-Semester Report