Prom & Red Carpet
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
The following information pertains to the Class of 2019. The Class of 2020 information is not available yet but please use the infomation below as a guideline until an update is published.
- Senior Prom Agreement Form: (All USC seniors who are attending prom must complete & return this form to the Activities Office)
- Underclassmen Prom Agreement Form: (Underclassmen should fill out this form and attach it to the senior guest form above, turn in both to the Activities Office)
- Non-USCHS Prom Guest Form (must be completed & returned to activities office attached to senior prom agreement form)
Transportation to Red Carpet & Prom
map for Red Carpet event
Prom attendees must choose between two options for transportation to all prom activities. No prom attendee is allowed to drive a vehicle to or from Heinz Field.
School sponsored coach bus
- Cost is $10 per person.
- Must reserve a spot by circling BUS on the Prom Agreement form and make payment in the Activities Office by Friday, May 17, 2019.
- Arrive at RED CARPET by 4:45 p.m. in your own vehicle (follow limousine route)
- Bus will depart USCHS at 5:00 p.m.
- Bus will drop riders off on North Shore Drive, between Heinz Field and PNC Park.
- We recommend making dinner reservations at a restaurant on Pittsburgh’s North Shore for 5:45 – 6:00 p.m.
- Bus riders will walk to the restaurant of their choice and walk back to HENIZ FIELD after dinner by 8:00 p.m. No chaperones will accompany bus riders during dinner or the walk back to HEINZ FIELD.
- All students will enter HEINZ FIELD using SUITE ENTRY B on Art Rooney Avenue.
- At 11:00 p.m. the bus will exit Heinz Field and return all riders to USCHS arriving at approximately 11:45 p.m.
Renting a limousine service (or any driving service)
- Prom attendees are not permitted to drive themselves.
- Cost paid for by prom attendee (no affiliation with USCHS).
- Driver should arrive at USCHS between 4–4:45 p.m. with students already in the vehicle.
- Drivers will drop students off at entrance to theatre parking lot to walk the Red Carpet and meet students in front of the Theatre entrance to drive to dinner.
- Drivers will deliver students to HEINZ FIELD between 7 – 8:00 p.m. to SUITE ENTRY B located on Art Rooney Avenue.
- Driving service will find a place to park during Prom. HEINZ FIELD will not supply areas for any vehicles.
- Drivers will return to HENIZ FIELD at 11:00 p.m. to pick up their riders at SUITE ENTRY B along Art Rooney Drive. We recommend the driver use a sign or marking on the vehicle, so students know where to enter.
USCHS Theatre Parking Lot - (click here to view/download the map)
- All seniors are required to attend the Red Carpet at USCHS between 4 and 4:30 p.m. before Prom.
- Prom Tickets will be distributed at the completion of the Red Carpet.
- M&M Photography will be stationed at the end of the Red Carpet to take each couple's photo.
- Seniors should enter the high school stadium via Devonwood Drive, passing the Westminster parking lot.
- If you are taking the bus - park anywhere in USCHS parking areas and walk to Red carpet entrance
- Driver services should enter the Theatre parking lot entrance using Westminster entrance.
- All Prom attendees will walk the sidewalk between the theatre parking lot and Panther Pass.
- Tickets will be distributed at the end of the Red Carpet walk.
- Driver Services - once attendees are finished walking the Red Carpet, they will receive their tickets for Prom, have their photo taken by M&M, and are then free to leave in their designated vehicle.
- School sponsored bus - the bus will depart USCHS promptly at 5:00 p.m. Please arrive at the Red Carpet by 4:45 p.m.
- We will make every effort to hold this event outside. If the weather is questionable, the Red Carpet will be held in the small gymnasium. All vehicles can park in the main theatre parking lot if the event is held indoors. Limousines will drop off prom attendees at the theater entrance. This information will be announced via the district’s website and Facebook page.
Heinz Field - Downtown Pittsburgh
- The Prom will be held at Heinz Field in Downtown Pittsburgh from 7 – 11:00 p.m. Dinner will not be served. Light snacks and refreshments will be available throughout the event. A dessert bar will be served starting at 8:30 p.m. Entertainment will be provided from 7 – 11:00 p.m.
- NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER 8:00 p.m. NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE BEFORE 11:00 p.m.
- You must have a ticket to enter the prom. The Prom ticket is free to all seniors who have paid their class dues and will be distributed after walking the Red Carpet. Every person attending Prom must complete a Prom Agreement and turn it into the Activities office by Friday, May 17, 2019.
- If you are bringing an underclassman or an outside guest, there will be a $50 surcharge to cover the cost of the guest's attendance.
- Outside guests must be registered with Mrs. Tarcson by Friday, May 17, 2019, using the Non-USCHS Guest Form or Underclassmen Guest form (located at the top of this page). Please turn your form and your guest’s form with payment at the same time.
- All purses and bags will be searched upon entering HEINZ FIELD
- No parents/spectators will be admitted into HEINZ FIELD to take pictures or view the Prom.
- Pennsylvania State Motor Vehicle code section 1503 (subsection c) prohibits driving between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. without possession of a senior driver’s license. Students will not be permitted to leave until 11:00 p.m. Anyone who does not possess a senior driver’s license will need to secure transportation after the bus or limousine returns them to USC.
- As stated in the Student/Parent Handbook, a student who violates substance abuse rules off school grounds will receive a three-day suspension from activity participation. Commencement would fall within those three days of suspension.
- Please click here for the letter regarding prom procedures for spectators.