Prom & Red Carpet
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
The Class of 2020's prom will be held at the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer, 4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 (Inside the Carnegie Museum of Art & Natural History).
If Prom is cancelled due to Pennsylvania state safety measures, all money allocated for prom from class dues will be transferred to a Class of 2020 Alumni account and be used to host an alumni event exclusive to the Class of 2020 on Friday, November 27, 2020. All prom guest fees will be rembursed.
- Prom Form - (All USC seniors who are attending prom must complete this form by June 4, 2020)
Transportation to Red Carpet & Prom
map for Red Carpet event
Prom attendees must choose between two options for transportation to all prom activities. No prom attendee is allowed to drive a vehicle to or from the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer, 4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 (Inside the Carnegie Museum of Art & Natural History)
School sponsored coach bus
- Cost is $10 per person.
- Must reserve a spot by indicating BUS on the Senior Prom google form
- Arrive at RED CARPET by 4:45 p.m. in your own vehicle (follow limousine route)
- Bus will depart USCHS at 5:00 p.m.
- Bus will drop riders off on Forbes Avenue, near the museum.
- We recommend making dinner reservations at a restaurant near the museum for around 6:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- Here is a link to a list of resturants near prom, please call to verify if they are open or if you need reservations.
- Bus riders will walk to the restaurant of their choice and walk back to the Carnegie Museum after dinner by 8:00 p.m. No chaperones will accompany bus riders during dinner or the walk back to our prom venue.
- All walking students will enter the Carnegie Museum using the entrance on Forbes Avenue.
- At 11:00 p.m. the bus will exit the musuem and return all riders to USCHS arriving at approximately 11:45 p.m.
Renting a limousine service (or any driving service)
- Prom attendees are not permitted to drive themselves.
- Cost paid for by prom attendee (no affiliation with USCHS).
- Driver should arrive at USCHS between 4–4:45 p.m. with students already in the vehicle.
- Drivers will drop students off at entrance to theatre parking lot to walk the Red Carpet and meet students in front of the Theatre entrance to drive to dinner.
- Drivers will deliver students to Carnegie Museum of Art Main Entrance on Forbes Aves (before it crosses South Craig Street) between 7 – 8:00 p.m.
- Driving service will find a place to park during Prom.
- Drivers will return to the same entrance at 11:00 p.m. to pick up their riders on Forbes Ave. We recommend the driver use a sign or marking on the vehicle, so students know where to enter.
USCHS Theatre Parking Lot - (click here to view/download the map)
- All seniors are required to attend the Red Carpet at USCHS between 4 and 4:30 p.m. before Prom.
- Prom Tickets will be distributed at the completion of the Red Carpet.
- M&M Photography will be stationed at the end of the Red Carpet to take each couple's photo.
- CLICK HERE TO ORDER A PROM PHOTO FROM M&M - LINK AVAILABLE SOON
- Seniors should enter the high school stadium via Devonwood Drive, passing the Westminster parking lot.
- If you are taking the bus - park anywhere in USCHS parking areas and walk to Red carpet entrance
- Driver services should enter the Theatre parking lot entrance using Westminster entrance.
- All Prom attendees will walk the sidewalk between the theatre parking lot and Panther Pass.
- Tickets will be distributed at the end of the Red Carpet walk.
- Driver Services - once attendees are finished walking the Red Carpet, they will receive their tickets for Prom, have their photo taken by M&M, and are then free to leave in their designated vehicle.
- School sponsored bus - the bus will depart USCHS promptly at 5:00 p.m. Please arrive at the Red Carpet by 4:45 p.m.
- We will make every effort to hold this event outside. If the weather is questionable, the Red Carpet will be held in the small gymnasium. All vehicles can park in the main theatre parking lot if the event is held indoors. Limousines will drop off prom attendees at the theater entrance. This information will be announced via the district’s website and Facebook page.
Carnegie Music Hall Foyer, (Inside the Carnegie Museum of Art & Natural History)
- The Prom will be held at the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh from 7 – 11:00 p.m. Dinner will not be served. Light snacks and refreshments will be available throughout the event.
A dessert bar will be served starting at 8:00 p.m. Entertainment will be provided from 7 – 11:00 p.m.
- NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER 8:00 p.m. NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE BEFORE 11:00 p.m.
- You must have a ticket to enter the prom. The Prom ticket is free to all seniors who have paid their class dues and will be distributed after walking the Red Carpet. Every person attending Prom must complete the Eventbrite Prom Form and submit by June 4, 2020.
- If you are bringing an underclassman or an outside guest, there will be a $50 surcharge to cover the cost of the guest's attendance.
- Outside guests must be registered through Eventbrite by June 4, 2020, (Eventbrite link located at the top of this page). IF PROM IS CANCELLED, A FULL REFUND WILL BE ISSUED TO ALL GUESTS ON JULY 13, 2020.
- All purses and bags will be searched upon entering the Music Hall Foyer
- No parents/spectators will be admitted into the Music Hall Foyer to take pictures or view the Prom.
- Pennsylvania State Motor Vehicle code section 1503 (subsection c) prohibits driving between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. without possession of a senior driver’s license. Students will not be permitted to leave until 11:00 p.m. Anyone who does not possess a senior driver’s license will need to secure transportation after the bus or limousine returns them to USC.
- As stated in the Student/Parent Handbook, a student who violates substance abuse rules off school grounds will receive a three-day suspension from activity participation. Commencement would fall within those three days of suspension.