Please check this page often, it will be updated throughout the year.
Graduation is a formal ceremony and each student is expected to dress appropriately. Students must wear the standard cap & gown as issued. No modifications can be made to the gown or hat - no signs, slogans, etc.Dress pants, dresses or skirts; dress shirts and dress shoes are required. The following items are examples of inappropriate dress for the ceremony: bare feet, tennis shoes, stiletto type heels, shorts, and jeans.Students will be required to return home for proper dress in the event they report for the ceremony in unacceptable attire.
Senior Last Day / Commencement Practice
Monday, June 1, 2020
- All Seniors must attend mandatory commencement practice if they plan to participate in commencement exercises. There are NO exceptions.
- This is an officially scheduled day of school.
- Seniors must report to school by 7:30 a.m. and attend homeroom. A senior breakfast will be held during mod 1 and then seniors will report to the theatre and locate their assigned seats.
- All senior lockers are to be empty by this date.
- At the conclusion of commencement practice, each senior will confirm that he/she has received an email to his/her uscstudents.org account containing four electronic tickets to be used for indoor graduation in the event of inclement weather. Seniors will be responsible for printing out tickets in the event of commencement being held indoors.
- All students with valid parking permits will be permitted to drive to commencement practice. All student parking permits will expire at the conclusion of the commencement practice on June 1, 2020. ALL DRIVING RULES WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS TIME. The school district will provide transportation home from school immediately following commencement practice. All seniors requesting transportation are to sign-up in the Activities Office or the Main Office by Friday, May 22, 2020. Please board the bus in the lower parking lot by the theatre entrance.
From dismissal on June 1 until June 4, seniors are not permitted on campus during school hours unless they are conducting official business with prior approval.
Thursday, June 4, 2020
- Complimentary shuttle bus service will run from the Township Building, Public Works Building (bottom of Truxton Drive) and Westminster parking lots beginning at 5 p.m.
- Seniors must report to the theatre by 5 p.m. if they are participating in graduation. Caps and gowns are to be worn. Don’t forget the medallion!
- Baccalaureate will be held in the high school theatre beginning at 5:30 p.m. This will be a secular service with a motivational speaker. The reserved seating during Baccalaureate is for the senior class.
- After Baccalaureate, seniors will remain in the high school theatre in their assigned seat.
- Commencement will be held in the stadium promptly at 7 p.m.
- Do not bring personal belongings such as coats, purses, cameras, etc. You are not permitted to take them with you once you leave the theatre and they may not be left in the theatre.
- Parents and relatives who wish to take pictures are asked to stay behind the fence.
- Additional climate-controlled seating will be available in the high school large group instruction (LGI) room, nutrition center and theatre, where friends and family can watch a live video feed of the ceremony. The theatre and LGI will be an option whether graduation is held inside or outside.
- M & M Photography will be present at the ceremony to take a color photo of each graduate as he/she receives a diploma.
- CLICK HERE FOR AN ONLINE FORM TO ORDER PHOTOS FROM M&M
- Graduates will return to the LGI after the ceremony to receive their diploma and their copy of the commencement program.
- Handicapped parking/drop-off is available at the lower parking lot, adjacent to the stadium’s end zone. The lot is only accessible via the Truxton Road delivery/service entrance. Additional handicapped parking is available in the parking lot adjacent to the theatre entrance. Vehicles must have a handicap placard to park in these designated areas.
- Handicapped seating will be available in front of the stands. Because of limited space, please limit this seating for handicapped guests. There is plenty of seating in the stadium bleachers for family members.
- Please adhere to the parking signs. Citations will be issued to those cars parked illegally.
Indoor Graduation (Rain Contingency Plan)
Thursday, June 4, 2020
In case of rain on this date, the commencement ceremony will be held in the high school large gymnasium at 7 p.m. Notice will be delivered by 6:15p.m. through the district’s School Messenger system and on the district website.
We ask all family and friends attending indoor graduation to enter the building through the theatre entrance. If the decision is made after you are already seated in the stadium, look for a sign indicating an alternate entrance to the large gym via the stadium football track. Only those in possession of a barcoded ticket will be permitted into the gymnasium to view the ceremony live.
To access the gymnasium from the theater lobby, please follow the instructions below:
- Families with a graduating student with a last name beginning with the letters A-K should enter through the nutrition center down the pool hallway and into the large gym.
- Families with a graduating student with a last name beginning with the letters L-Z should enter down the hallway past the small gym and into the large gym.
Additional family members without tickets will be able to view the ceremony in the LGI, theatre and nutrition center. Entrance into the theatre will be permitted once the Seniors have exited to begin their procession. Families may wait in the nutrition center or LGI until the theatre is available. Every effort will be made to hold the ceremony in the stadium and will be moved indoors strictly as a last resort.
Indoor Graduation Ticket Information
- Due to the limited amount of seating in the gymnasium, each senior will be issued four (4) unique barcoded tickets.
- The tickets will be delivered electronically to the senior’s @uscstudents.org email account no later than May 29, 2020.
- If a senior has not received his/her ticket email and/or were not able to print by May 29, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets are only required in the event of rain and the ceremony is held indoors.
- Please remind your student to access his/her email and print the four tickets prior to graduation regardless of weather. Additional tickets will not be issued. Duplicate tickets will not be accepted.
- No admittance to the large gym will be permitted without a valid ticket.