TransportationJonn Mansfield, Director of Transportation412-833-1600, ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Pickens, Transportation Manager
412-833-1600, ext. 3455
The Upper St. Clair School Transportation Department provides daily round trip transportation for 4,515 students to seven public schools, eight special education schools and 21 private or parochial schools. Annually, transportation is arranged for approximately 800 field, athletic, and activity trips. Forty district-owned school buses and vans are utilized each day to run 289 bus routes for morning, afternoon and mid-day transportation.Forty school bus drivers and five bus attendants are employed to fill daily runs. The school district operates a bus maintenance facility which currently employs two mechanics, one head secretary, transportation manager and director of transportation.
- Newly enrolled students and students moving within the school district must contact Terri Lott at (412) 833-1600 Ext. 2283. Upon documentation of residency new student transportation schedules will be emailed to the parents within three business days.
- Bus stop assignments are usually at the closest intersection to your child’s address. The Bus Stop Guidelines are used to route the buses to and from school. Buses travel by most student residences but in order to meet the bell schedule and reduce student ride time standard stops are used.
- Please have your child at the stop location five minutes in advance in order to prevent students from running after the bus or delaying the next stop. Drivers sometimes pass stops or pull away from stops if students are in cars or not visible at the stop location.
- LOST items found on the school bus will be stored at the front of the bus for the student to claim the next time he/she rides the bus. All items not claimed within a week will be placed in the lost and found box at the bus garage. Once a year all items that have not been claimed will be discarded or donated. The Transportation Department will attempt to return all items found on the bus that are clearly labeled to the proper school ASAP. We will not radio drivers while driving to look for lost items as the radio is reserved for student issues and emergencies.
- Kindergarten students need to have an adult or parent to receive their child at the bus stop. Drivers will return your child to the elementary school in order for you to pick up your child if you are not present at the stop.
- Stop times are approximate at the beginning of the year in order to get the school year underway. Bus stop times have changed since the beginning of the year due to traffic, construction, and other unforeseeable issues but the stop schedule is now routine and meeting the school schedule.
- Please call the garage ASAP at 412 833-1600 Ext. 3450 if an error was made in your child’s transportation schedule.
Students residing in USC but attending private/parochial schools transported by Matthews Bus Company should contact Matthews at (412) 341-8288 for transportation issues concerning their assigned bus.
Parents using Extended Day Services should contact EDS with questions or transportation arrangements.
Transportation requests with extenuating circumstances can be made by contacting the office at 412 833-1600 Ext 3451.
- Click here for bus safety tips and to download a School Bus Safety Activity Book from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- Drivers are encouraged to review Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law in advance of the start of the school year. (This is especially important for new drivers.)
For questions or concerns regarding bus transportation, please contact:Jonn Mansfield, Director of Transportation412-833-1600, ext. 3451Dan Pickens, Transportation Manager
412-833-1600, ext. 3455
USCSD Bus Garage
100 Red Nine Lane
Canonsburg, PA 15317