April 27, 2017
7 students honored with Deans’ Awards
Upper St. Clair High School administrators recognized seven outstanding students with April 2017 Deans’ Awards. The awardees and the teachers who nominated them were honored at a special breakfast on April 27, 2017.
April 2017 Deans’ Award honorees:
The monthly Deans’ Awards program was established when there were deans within the Upper St. Clair High School administration. The program is now coordinated by the high school assistant principals, Mr. Dan Beck and Mrs. Christine Mussomeli. Dr. Louis Angelo, high school principal, as well as members of the district’s central administration also attend the event in celebration and honor of the students recognized.
- Hunter Fitzsimmons (grade 12): nominated by Ms. Robbibaro, English
- Kevin Kwok (grade 11): nominated by Ms. Lei, World Language
- Vivian Li (grade 9): nominated by Ms. Kang, World Language
- Michael Liptak (grade 11): nominated by Ms. Wagner, Applied Learning Strategies
- Franco Lombardi (grade 10): nominated by Mr. Hartnett, Science
- Celeste Longinotti (grade 11): nominated by Ms. Rentschler, Library
- Alexa Segura (grade 12): nominated by Doug Kirchner, Social Studies
Staff members representing each curricular area nominate a student each month for the Deans’ Awards. Students who are nominated receive a commemorative pen and award certificate, and are recognized at the monthly Deans’ breakfast.
The following are some criteria that guide teacher nominations:
- Diligence/hard working behavior
- Positive attitude towards classmates as well as staff
- Kind, empathetic, or helpful behavior to another student
- Helpful behavior to a staff member
- Demonstrating student leadership on and off campus
- Good behavior in structured and unstructured settings