The Upper St. Clair School Board approved its ad hoc committee’s final report and authorized McLean Architects to continue the design development, construction documents and construction phase administration for the proposed capital projects and additional capital projects. The action was approved during the school board’s meeting on March 28, 2017.
An ad hoc committee of the Upper St. Clair School Board presented its capital projects recommendations during the school board’s meeting on Monday, March 13, 2017. Projects include the following:
- Construction of new 8-lane pool at the high school
- Consideration of a separate Diving Well / Special Use Pool, to be bid as an add alternate or delete to the project
- Construction of a multi-use complex at the high school stadium, to include:
- Home and visitor-side bleacher repair/renovation
- ADA compliant restroom facilities, ticket booth, concession area, announcing facilities
- Multi-use space available for school district and community use
- District Administrative Office space within the complex
- Completion of Boyce Athletic Field facilities
- A single structure to include rest rooms/changing area, concession area and announcing booth
The ad hoc committee’s recommendation also includes the removal of a pedestrian bridge at the high school and repaving of the high school’s parking lot at the conclusion of the project.
A general timetable is provided below. A more specific sequence would be determined by the architect and construction manager.
* Dependent upon the financing option chosen by the Board based on consultation with Mike Bova, Boenning & Scattergood
- Approval of Projects: March 2017
- Approval of Financing: TBD*
- Design Development: March 2017 to January 2018
- Approve Construction Management Services: June 2017
- Fund $10,000,000: December 2017*
- Release of Bids: January 2018
- Acceptance of Bids: February 2018
- Construction Begins: April/May 2018
- Fund $6,000,000: December 2018*
- Construction Completed: August 2019